TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yesterday I did a launch from stop, using launch control. A few seconds into launch I got lots of yellow flashing in display.
See pictures and video. I limped home at 22Mph (the max the car
would drive). I sat it for 10 minutes off, after "restarting" it
I repeated the launch, no errors and none since that.
Has anyone else seen this failure? I emailed my dealer yesterday, no
response yet.
Sponsored

Attachments

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There was another thread with someone in Australia describing exactly the same error. He said his dealer had not clue and they are waiting a software update to fix the issue. That car also had problems with the A/C not blowing cold air some times so there might be something wrong with battery temperature management.

Does your A/C blow cold air consistently? Did you check the battery temperature? Usually limp mode happens when battery overheats.

OP
OP
TayTaySD

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The batteries were about 75 degrees, it really wasn't due to that, I had been driving it very sedately but decided to test something another owner asked about his 4S. No A/C problems. My dealer responded and wants me to bring it in so they can pull some log data, I'm not sure what their capabilities are. It might just be standard OBDII. However I hope they have much more detailed information that the car stores!

OP
OP
TayTaySD

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer asked me to bring my car in next week, they would need a "few days" to check
the car over. No details. Will post when I get some information. I have already had the VMA5
software update.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
My dealer asked me to bring my car in next week, they would need a "few days" to check
the car over. No details. Will post when I get some information. I have already had the VMA5
software update.
Did this issue ever get resolved for you? I had the same problem happen to me yesterday and I was left in a pretty unsafe position as a result.

OP
OP
TayTaySD

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I took it in the dealer said Porsche said there "wasn't a problem, so don't worry". The dealer re-calibrated the system, it didn't sound like anyone thought that was a solution. Honestly I have not tested this after they worked on it. I doubt it is fixed. I suspect the software and hardware have limits set to "low". Some sensors note something so the software puts the car into limp mode rather than possibly create a hardware problem that Porsche has to fix for free. This is a safety issue.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
This is a safety issue, I hope it gets the appropriate attention and isn’t ignored.

Together with the current recall I’m currently feeling very unsafe in my car.
Sponsored