atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I did a search for quickjack and could only come up with this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/taycan-4s-on-lowering-links-and-spacers/

Anyone else have one to use on their Taycan? I have the 5000-SLX; based on the messages in the above thread it sounds like it’ll work, but always interested in hearing other experiences.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have one and am quite sure it will safely support the Taycan, other than rotating wheels, not sure what one would use it for?
Extensive cleaning and coating of wheels. Deep wheel well cleaning especially in salt belt states.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Do you leave the quick Jack on the floor of your garage / parking spot full time? Shipping weight is 200 lb+ so I’m guessing its not easy to move all the time.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
No, I store it off to the side. It has wheels on one end and is not very difficult to move around. I am guessing here but I think the lifting is about equivalent to 30lbs. to 35lbs as you are using leverage.
I use two jacks to change wheels seasonally. That‘s probably not enough to warrant the investment, but being able to clean under there without getting on my hands and knees does sound appealing….

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the SLX 7000 and the extension rails to use on them. I found the SLX7000 was just barely long enough to reach the Taycan jack points but the EXT would have been too long for my other Porsches so I went with the shorter SLX and the extensions. Works great and isn't too hard to maneuver around but they are definitely heavy especially with the extra weight of the extending rails. It was worth the investment for me to be able to swap out winter and summer tires every year on all my vehicle and, like others have mentioned, for deep cleaning. I also like that I could leave a vehicle on there for a few days if I needed to take the wheels somewhere to get new tires or fix a flat.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I have one and am quite sure it will safely support the Taycan, other than rotating wheels, not sure what one would use it for?
Do you have the 5000 or a higher capacity model? My 5000-SLX is BNIB so if I end up needing a higher capacity QJ I’d rather just try & sell this one while it’s still in the boxes.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Are you aware that the QJ is approved for use going across the car (90 degree from parallel) as well as parallel?
How is this with the 6000? It seems longer but I have not been able to the spec properly. Really good if you can use it across the shorter cars as well. I was faced with exactly that problem between the EVs and the 996
Sponsored