Anyone have a Vantrue N4 Pro Dashcam hardwired to their Taycan?

Taycan191

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes CLS 450 Edition 1, 2Taycan (Ordered)
Country flag
I just had one professionally installed. Everything is working great, except I can't get it to switch to parking mode and record with motion detection when the car is powered off. Wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar issue.
Sponsored

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I just had one professionally installed. Everything is working great, except I can't get it to switch to parking mode and record with motion detection when the car is powered off. Wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar issue.
I don't have one (will be moving my Thinkware over shortly from the old car) but have you confirmed that the parking wire is connected to an always on block in the fuse panel? If you have power to the camera while everything is off and the key fob away from your Taycan, then probably start looking at settings.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
Did they do a good job hiding and routing the wires without any damage to panels? I am looking for an installer in the California Bay Area.

If anyone has hardwired a 3rd party camera in their Taycan and recommends an installer, please DM or reply.

OP
OP

Taycan191

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes CLS 450 Edition 1, 2Taycan (Ordered)
Country flag
Did they do a good job hiding and routing the wires without any damage to panels? I am looking for an installer in the California Bay Area.

If anyone has hardwired a 3rd party camera in their Taycan and recommends an installer, please DM or reply.
YEs, they did an amazing job. you can't see anything. Can't see where they removed the panels, where any wires are except for less than an inch coming out of the top to the camera.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag

I installed a FitCamX myself and then paid Best Buy $80 to run the rear cam wire. They did a great job.
Sponsored