Are Taycans being delivered?

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Greetings all,

As some of you may know, I’m currently waiting on my Taycan GTS, which was produced a few weeks ago but is being held at the factory most likely for a 12V battery. I also have a family member of mine who had his Taycan RWD built last month and his car is still waiting at the factory as well.

Does anyone know if any Taycans are still being fully delivered? It seems like the grand majority of folks who have had one built since July are still waiting at the factory, but Porsche couldn’t have literally stopped the delivery of all Taycans….they’re still building them so I’m assuming it’s just a bottleneck at the 12V stage as opposed to an actual stoppage.
Sponsored

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
The 12V batteries will start to be installed from the middle of October so I imagine very few if any will be delivered fully completed to the dealerships till then.

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I suppose that's not too bad. Where did you hear that from? My dealership hasn't given me even a rumor to go off of.

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
I suppose that's not too bad. Where did you hear that from? My dealership hasn't given me even a rumor to go off of.
My 4S was delivered July. Ordered Jan/Feb 2022. In uk. Don't know if that helps

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I have an early Nov '22 build scheduled and was told that as of early Oct there will be no more cars leaving the production facility batteryless, but who really knows!! - however, those around the world that are stored awaiting their battery will get theirs shipped from the production line 12v battery surplus - basically they don't want to halt the production line! - let's hope everyone with a finished car that's awaiting a 12v gets theirs soon.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just had a curious thought… maybe over my skis here… but I wonder if ever Porsche prioritizes orders based on currency strength. Like assuming prices are relatively static (and there’s only so many 12v batteries available), why wouldn’t you want sales in US dollars right now instead of British pounds?

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Just had a curious thought… maybe over my skis here… but I wonder if ever Porsche prioritizes orders based on currency strength. Like assuming prices are relatively static (and there’s only so many 12v batteries available), why wouldn’t you want sales in US dollars right now instead of British pounds?
True.
My expectation though is that they will prioritise the production line first, this is obvious from a business POV .
Once the flow is good enough for excess units over production line requirements they will probably start fitting batteries to stored cars in accesibility order to maximise the speed of the process.
Hopefully they have been stored such that the cars there longest are nearest the exit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
Mine entered production on 15th September, exited production on 22nd and the dealer contacted me this morning to let me know that it is now at the entry port of Emden. He said he was confident it hasn't been impacted by the 12v battery shortage.

Andy S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; Volvo XC40
Country flag
Good to hear..... Mines due to enter production end of the week, so maybe I will see it in November!

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Do you think they may prioritize higher trim models first? GTS/turbos before RWD/4S?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Mine entered production on 15th September, exited production on 22nd and the dealer contacted me this morning to let me know that it is now at the entry port of Emden. He said he was confident it hasn't been impacted by the 12v battery shortage.
If true (fingers crossed), that is very encouraging for present/imminent production (including me) :).

Feel sorry for those waiting though since this indicates they will be sorted as spare 12v arrives. Hope they get sorted soon.

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycsn
Country flag
Dear All

Ordered 4S Oct 21, Delivery aim June 22, built Aug 2, waiting battery, not delivered, not delivery date advised.
I am aware the dealerships are very strictly managed for customer service issues, regularly audited and harshly penalised for shortfalls- as it should be.
However, why Porsche cannot provide accurate and timely information to the dealer is surprising and disappointing. Delays for shortages for whatever reasons are understandable; not accurately updating customers - not so much.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag

Djay73

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, Cayenne
Country flag
I'm in US paying with almighty dollar. My GTS was supposed to go into production in June for August delivery, but of course that didn't happen. According to TYD it went into production on 7/15 and it's been "in production" since. It used to show completion date as 9/23 which got pushed to 10/14 as of today with delivery date of 11/11. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath :CWL: I was hoping to enjoy the car in better weather but that'll probably have to wait until next year now. It is what it is...First world problem.

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The companies use derivatives for securing their profits. The company that i worked for had need to do that, at the day when agreement was signed we know what exchange rate will be when transaction will be made on agreed date.
Sponsored