First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Country flag
Hi,

I have a 23 GTS ST with Olea leather including leather on the B-pillars and door sills. Absolutely love the car!
The other day I noticedscratches on the drivers side B-pillar. See pictures attached. I’m a bit surprised by this as the car has only done 3.500km. After becoming aware of this I have. Prices that it’s almost impossible to not brush the b-pillar with my left thigh when entering/exiting the car. I have not had anything particularly sharp in my pocket or clothes. Only a button on one of my pants. I’m 195cm tall, so my seat is in the far back position.
As I use the car as a daily driver I have realized the need to protect this area with something. Does anyone have experience with protecting films that can be used without destroying the leather when pealed off again?

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film IMG_4701

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film IMG_4703

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film IMG_4706

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film IMG_4704

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
No way to protect it. Definitely a flaw

Everyone including the dealer scratches the B Pillar.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
It’s my arse that scrapes the B pillar every time. My B pillar is good old plastic. The scratches turned into gouges when the car was driven by a driver from the dealership taking the car to another location for some warranty work. Must have been wearing a tool belt.

I disabled the comfort access setting but then started damaging the leather side bolster. So now the seat slides back and forward and the wheel goes up and down with on/off.
So the bolster now hides behind the B pillar and the B pillar takes the strain.

There is a big trend on this forum to recommend Race Tex B pillars but I bet they get scuffed and scratched and damaged too.

Anybody got an opinion on this?
Or photos of scratched and torn Race Tex? Or is it resistant to arse/thigh damage?

I am thinking that the design and position of the seat and B pillar means anything will get damaged so best not pay extra for leather or RaceTex B pillars. I am annoyed enough about my plastic getting scratched.

I think the only answer is to get the pillars covered in Beskar Mandalorian armour. Or perhaps Valerian steel if you find Beskar Alloy B pillars difficult to source.
Suncoast?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
10 months and 5000 miles on, my RaceTex B pillars show no signs of wear, not even any apparent directional brushing. I suspect I do brush across them on entry, but I don't think that whatever caused the damage in those leather trim photos would leave mine unscathed.
Maybe you chaps should try RaceTex over-shorts?

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
I contacted Porsche parts asking about a price for Race-Tex covered B-Pillar trims. No part number available. Can't order without a VIN that has that as part of the spec and will be much more expensive than the £360 option. I'm going to get a re-trimmer to trim my existing ones instead.

One thing that is absolute madness is a leather covered door sill trim. That's never going to last!

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
One thing that is absolute madness is a leather covered door sill trim. That's never going to last!
Well yea, I think anyone looking at leather covered door sill trim would tell you that’s going to scuff instantly. 😂

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
This is the problem with 4 doors car as the Pilar is too Much on the front.
solutions
1) lose some weight
2) go to the gym and practice pistol squat. That will help you leaving the car without leaning on the Pilar

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Looks like rivet damage from jeans to me.
I have an old saltwater crocodile belt I really like but it causes wear on all the leather seats in my cars, so I hardly ever wear it any more.
My car has, so far, unmarked standard plastic B pillars.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
MY23 GTS ST here too, about 4000 km. With leather covered B-pillars and door sills. The standard plastic there seems rather simple to me. Maybe plastic tolerates harder wear, but it does not look so nice to start with. I don't think I have made a bad choice at all!

And for me the leather takes the wear quite well. Some light scruffs, but I don't use the automatic seat move feature, I find entry to seat easier then.

My thought is to repair with good oldfashioned shoe polish. Anyone tried that with good (or bad) results?

And by the way, anyone else having the bad fit between interior panels that I have, with a rather large opening? See the last picture.

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film AFBD97D4-2357-4C6E-B730-183308339419

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film 1BE51EF4-BE0C-490E-8CE7-FBDDC3A328AF

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film 8614FA62-D11F-40D0-BDB5-D7F78E3AD09E

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film B80E100E-6D63-4866-97EB-C70E9E673A74

Porsche Taycan B pillar leather protection film 997C4E75-CFD5-4754-B480-34AE4810C78B

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
And by the way, anyone else having the bad fit between interior panels that I have, with a rather large opening? See the last picture.
Yes.
I was just looking at it last night, trying to fix it. Seems to be by design - there is no play nor any degree of movement available to reposition it. Seen from the rear seat, it actually looks flush/even. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

MRP

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Country flag
Well yea, I think anyone looking at leather covered door sill trim would tell you that’s going to scuff instantly. 😂
I bought the car post spec. And was worried about the door sills as well. But must say that so far I’m positively surprised. Not a single scratch so far.

OP
OP

MRP

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Country flag
I contacted Porsche parts asking about a price for Race-Tex covered B-Pillar trims. No part number available. Can't order without a VIN that has that as part of the spec and will be much more expensive than the £360 option. I'm going to get a re-trimmer to trim my existing ones instead.

Race Tex is cool, but in my opinion it belongs in a 911 rather than the Taycan. Taycan is too heavy to be a racer/track day car so I deliberately bought the car with Olea instead, including normal leather steering wheel.

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Race Tex is cool, but in my opinion it belongs in a 911 rather than the Taycan. Taycan is too heavy to be a racer/track day car so I deliberately bought the car with Olea instead, including normal leather steering wheel.
Thanks for that. I’ll update my records… ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: