First Name
Salah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
Hi every one,

This is my third week since I got my new Taycan 2022. I got this message (( Boot Emergency Release Fault )), its under warrant, but anyone got the same issue?
Porsche Taycan Boot Emergency Release Fault 97A14A83-DA8D-42BB-832E-E25FA5AD7D1D
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi every one,

This is my third week since I got my new Taycan 2022. I got this message (( Boot Emergency Release Fault )), its under warrant, but anyone got the same issue?
97A14A83-DA8D-42BB-832E-E25FA5AD7D1D.jpeg
It is probably a false positive - not seen that error before. Lock the car an leave for 10 mins then try again as the error & message could have cleared.

OP
OP

SalahTaycan

First Name
Salah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
Thanks Winge for the reply. This happened the last two days. So, it was off and on many times….

OP
OP

SalahTaycan

First Name
Salah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
I took it to the dealership, I believe tomorrow I will get it back. I will update the post with the findings ?

OP
OP

SalahTaycan

First Name
Salah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
An update. Took the car from the dealer and its an only software reset and update.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
An update. Took the car from the dealer and its an only software reset and update.
I have the same error. How do I software reset? I reset the PCM several times but it didn't work because it doesn't reset the driver display.

Porsche Taycan Boot Emergency Release Fault IMG_3463

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
You can do a hard reboot of the PCM and that usually clears this sort of thing.....You press 2 fingers down on the upper right corner of the screen and after a few seconds the screen will go blank and then restart screen will appear. Choose the bottom line to just return to normal function.

Buck

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can do a hard reboot of the PCM and that usually clears this sort of thing.....You press 2 fingers down on the upper right corner of the screen and after a few seconds the screen will go blank and then restart screen will appear. Choose the bottom line to just return to normal function.

Buck
As per my original post, I did the reboot three times and no dice unfortunately.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
As per my original post, I did the reboot three times and no dice unfortunately.
I doubt this relates to any PCM issue.

Try using your other key fob and secondary Porsche Connect ID to unlock and start the car to clear the error.

Are you certain this is not a genuine fault?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I doubt this relates to any PCM issue.

Try using your other key fob and secondary Porsche Connect ID to unlock and start the car to clear the error.

Are you certain this is not a genuine fault?
Let me try your suggestion tomorrow. But my trunk is working fine.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Let me try your suggestion tomorrow. But my trunk is working fine.
Trunk may be fine but the module controlling it may be reporting an error or it is a false positive.

The key trick may sound a bit random but has resolved a couple of quirks for several folk and forces the secondary id to be used (assuming you have set this up).

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Trunk may be fine but the module controlling it may be reporting an error or it is a false positive.

The key trick may sound a bit random but has resolved a couple of quirks for several folk and forces the secondary id to be used (assuming you have set this up).
So I tried the alternate key to start the car, and the error still showed. I even folded down the rear seats and reached in to test the trunk emergency release, and it works fine. I'm totally stumped. Nobody else reports seeing this error.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So I tried the alternate key to start the car, and the error still showed. I even folded down the rear seats and reached in to test the trunk emergency release, and it works fine. I'm totally stumped. Nobody else reports seeing this error.
Ok.

Back to dealer then.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Exactly.
Common cure is to create a TRUE error by disconnecting the button/switch/lever/whatever.
After reconnect you are creating an OK for the module which will reset the error code (and hopefully the boogie one).
It's a simple trick before taking it to the dealer.
Sponsored