Bramble & Slate Grey Interior.

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
So I'm 90% committed to a Chalk/Crayon exterior and am seriously contemplating pairing this with the two tone Bramble and Slate Grey Interior.

I've scoured the net looking for real life examples of this interior but have come across very little. Anyone have some decent photos?

Black is always classy but probably a bit too safe for me and I've had a black and red combination in my X3 for 3 years, so I'm looking for something different. Black and Crayon is gorgeous, but too light with the kids.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I have a 4S with Chalk/Crayon exterior and bramble interior with chalk/crayon stitching and seatbelts on order. I've seen bramble interior in person and it looks stunning. The two tone variant bramble/slate grey didn't catch me at all. I like slate grey and bramble as single colors but in combination it doesn't look good imho.

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. t4s_1

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. t4s_2

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. t4s_3

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. t4s_4

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
I have a 4S with Chalk/Crayon exterior and bramble interior with chalk/crayon stitching and seatbelts on order. I've seen bramble interior in person and it looks stunning. The two tone variant bramble/slate grey didn't catch me at all. I like slate grey and bramble as single colors but in combination it doesn't look good imho.

t4s_1.jpg

t4s_2.jpg

t4s_3.jpg

t4s_4.jpg
I'm worried single tone Bramble may just be too much purple for me. But your configuration pictures look fantastic. The seatbelts really pop. I've never seen Bramble in person. When do you take delivery?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
So I'm 90% committed to a Chalk/Crayon exterior and am seriously contemplating pairing this with the two tone Bramble and Slate Grey Interior.

I've scoured the net looking for real life examples of this interior but have come across very little. Anyone have some decent photos?

Black is always classy but probably a bit too safe for me and I've had a black and red combination in my X3 for 3 years, so I'm looking for something different. Black and Crayon is gorgeous, but too light with the kids.

Any other suggestions?
Here is one for sale. Pretty colorful not my cup of tea but maybe some one elses

Taycan

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have that interior (with Neptune Blue exterior) and love it. Its not as "bright" or "Barney the Dinosaur" as you might imagine. Its more muted than the configurator suggests.

If you want any particular photo angle, let me know and I'll snap it over the weekend.

Here are some candid shots I've taken in real-world light from the driver seat.

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0022

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0024

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0028

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0246

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0342

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0910

Last edited:

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Its not as "bright" or "Barney the Dinosaur" as your might imagine.
Exactly, it's not that poppy as most of the pictures show. It's a more dark and very elegant color. Your really need to see it in person because pictures will not show the real tone.

When do you take delivery?
Oct/Nov 2021 when my current Tesla Model S lease ends.

OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Thank you so much gentlemen!

After these pictures, I'm 80% committed to the colour. I think I'll ask to see some leather samples at the dealership.

Do you guys think the colour could have an impact on resale?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag

After these pictures, I'm 80% committed to the colour. I think I'll ask to see some leather samples at the dealership.

Sure I would ask dealer that, let us know what they say, good to learn!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Yes. Don't do it if resale is a primary concern. This is not a spec for a show car but one you / someone has to live with.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its very difficult to say and that is never a major concern for me when spec'ing a car. However, I do believe that a car spec has to "tell a story" and not just be a collection of random options.

In my case, I went into the dealer configuration room completely set on Neptune Blue and from the internet configurator I was planning on selecting Truffle Brown as my interior. Neptune Blue + Truffle brown was going to be a winning combination.

My dealer's opinion (who I respect over the years) was two fold:

a] A single interior color can be "a bit much". Truffle brown is in his words, "a very brown interior". Two color interiors in his opinion "break things up a bit" and actually make the car feel more "expensive" than single color (even though truffle brown cost more).

b] Neptune Blue + Blackberry/Grey (what its called here in Ireland) would give a kinda of 70s retro feel – which would be unique and tell an interesting story - super modern car with a slight retro color.

He convinced me and I selected (b) along with looking at color samples that while tiny showed me it wasn't a bright gaudy purple in the configuration room (pic).

So at least that is my "story" about how I chose it. When picking up the car it was clear that dealer service staff who had prepped the car - really like it - it was different than the usual "safe colors".

The colors work really well together – I had been worried ordering them sight unseen – outside of some samples. It went from a worry point on collection to being one of my favourite things about the car.

FWIW, my spec is: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMFBLBS1

I have zero concerns about it being a problem here in Ireland on resale. I consider my color combination to be an advantage. A very small number of Porsche's are sold in Ireland every year due to country size – with only one Porsche Centre in the country. This is likely to remain a one-off here without requiring a paint-to-sample expense!

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_8760

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Its very difficult to say and that is never a major concern for me when spec'ing a car. However, I do believe that a car spec has to "tell a story" and not just be a collection of random options.

In my case, I went into the dealer configuration room completely set on Neptune Blue and from the internet configurator I was planning on selecting Truffle Brown as my interior. Neptune Blue + Truffle brown was going to be a winning combination.

My dealer's opinion (who I respect over the years) was two fold:

a] A single interior color can be "a bit much". Truffle brown is in his words, "a very brown interior". Two color interiors in his opinion "break things up a bit" and actually make the car feel more "expensive" than single color (even though truffle brown cost more).

b] Neptune Blue + Blackberry/Grey (what its called here in Ireland) would give a kinda of 70s retro feel – which would be unique and tell an interesting story - super modern car with a slight retro color.

He convinced me and I selected (b) along with looking at color samples that while tiny showed me it wasn't a bright gaudy purple in the configuration room (pic).

So at least that is my "story" about how I chose it. When picking up the car it was clear that dealer service staff who had prepped the car - really like it - it was different than the usual "safe colors".

The colors work really well together – I had been worried ordering them sight unseen – outside of some samples. It went from a worry point on collection to being one of my favourite things about the car.

FWIW, my spec is: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMFBLBS1

I have zero concerns about it being a problem here in Ireland on resale. I consider my color combination to be an advantage. A very small number of Porsche's are sold in Ireland every year due to country size – with only one Porsche Centre in the country. This is likely to remain a one-off here without requiring a paint-to-sample expense!

IMG_8760.jpeg
This works beautifully IMO. Look forward to seeing your vehicle.

OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
I have that interior (with Neptune Blue exterior) and love it. Its not as "bright" or "Barney the Dinosaur" as you might imagine. Its more muted than the configurator suggests.

If you want any particular photo angle, let me know and I'll snap it over the weekend.

Here are some candid shots I've taken in real-world light from the driver seat.

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0910.jpeg
Hey mate. Would it be possible to get a picture from the driver's side looking in?

You've got dark silver or black inserts? Did you consider the neodym?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey mate. Would it be possible to get a picture from the driver's side looking in?
Took these while cleaning car today – apologies that they were taken before vacuuming! If you want the original high-res files, let me know and I'll attach a zip of them.

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0122

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0092

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0089

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0125

Porsche Taycan Bramble & Slate Grey Interior. IMG_0096

You've got dark silver or black inserts? Did you consider the neodym?
The dark silver inserts were a overlooked configuration mistake. Originally I was planning on the Truffle Brown interior and they come by default with Neodym inserts. I really, really dislike anything "gold" looking so swapped them (for free) to the dark silver inserts.

When I flipped on the day of ordering to my Blackberry/Slate Grey interior I forgot to remove the dark silver inserts back to the black/dark defaults. So I ended up spending a few €€€ on the dark silver option without intending to or thinking about it too much.

What I ended up with is fine but it was a small error.

If I had caught it, I would instead ordered Blackberry seat belts.

Last edited: