Can’t login to Porsche connect on PCM

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Had a road trip from Switzerland to Germany 2 days ago and since then can’t login to Porsche connect anymore.
Last sync and car position was when I was in Germany.

Have tried to delete account, reset PCM with two finger in corner trick and go into privacy mode on and off but nothing is working….

Any other ideas, or is this linked to a service being down ?

Thanks!
Sponsored

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Had a road trip from Switzerland to Germany 2 days ago and since then can’t login to Porsche connect anymore.
Last sync and car position was when I was in Germany.

Have tried to delete account, reset PCM with two finger in corner trick and go into privacy mode on and off but nothing is working….

Any other ideas, or is this linked to a service being down ?

Thanks!
Take a look at this; it may help:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-is-a-“guest”-with-services-unavailable.5638/

This issue sporadically arises at least since fall of last year. I have been told by Porsche support, numerous times, that there is a problem on their end. Another possbility is that the car’s own on-board wireless connection is defective, as reported by one user here with this problem.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Axdenied

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks @SteveDC … can’t help but feel we are beta testers of a very expensive (but so much fun…) software on wheels. If it had been any other car, I would have certainly already returned it.

What is annoying is the complete lack of clear error messages and sporadic issues. FYI my SOS light is green, and have been able to connect before…

I guess Third trip in less than 3 weeks of ownership to the dealer tomorrow… with very little hope given how much they seem to master the software.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Thanks @SteveDC … can’t help but feel we are beta testers of a very expensive (but so much fun…) software on wheels. If it had been any other car, I would have certainly already returned it.

What is annoying is the complete lack of clear error messages and sporadic issues. FYI my SOS light is green, and have been able to connect before…

I guess Third trip in less than 3 weeks of ownership to the dealer tomorrow… with very little hope given how much they seem to master the software.
The last time I had an issue, I was told to put my car in private mode, lock it, walk away for at least 10 minutes and then return. Take it off private mode and see if it connects. It worked for me. Might be worth a shot before you return to the dealer.

OP
OP
Axdenied

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The last time I had an issue, I was told to put my car in private mode, lock it, walk away for at least 10 minutes and then return. Take it off private mode and see if it connects. It worked for me. Might be worth a shot before you return to the dealer.
Thanks @struther yes saw this and tried it yesterday and today but unfortunately did not solve it.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Thanks @struther yes saw this and tried it yesterday and today but unfortunately did not solve it.
That sucks. Hopefully the dealer can sort it out. I do find my connectivity drops for a day or so and then returns. Not exactly the most stable setup. Good luck!

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
This morning, after 3 weeks following RWD delivery, the Green light finally came on allowing Connect server connection. I'll bet it was an IT issue like server permissions or login database problem. Who knows but at least its finally working. Dealer told me it affected many, but not all recently delivered cars.

OP
OP
Axdenied

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This morning, after 3 weeks following RWD delivery, the Green light finally came on allowing Connect server connection. I'll bet it was an IT issue like server permissions or login database problem. Who knows but at least its finally working. Dealer told me it affected many, but not all recently delivered cars.
I confirm now finally working for me as well, was able to connect using my Porsche ID….

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
Congrats
Congrats! No luck for me yet 2.5 weeks after delivery. I now have a case languishing with Porsche connect support.
Sponsored