Can LED strip tail light be turned on in daytime?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
safety!
Automatic lights won't always turn on when you want them to, for example in the rain, when driving underneath a lot of trees.
Studies show that 50% of all accidents have to do with (poor) visibility.
Agreed!
Otoh, i,believe that we already have safety problem since brake lights don’t shine when auto-regen brakes…
Sponsored

paulbroere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulbroere.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW Z4M Roadster
Country flag
Agreed!
Otoh, i,believe that we already have safety problem since brake lights don’t shine when auto-regen brakes…
In EU we have legislation for this also..
When slowing down from 0,7m/s2 and up, brake lights MAY go on, from 1.3 m/s2 slowing down brake lights MUST go on. up until 0,7, slowing down is comparable to an ICE car slowing down in gear (also no brakelights)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
When slowing down from 0,7m/s2 and up, brake lights MAY go on, from 1.3 m/s2 slowing down brake lights MUST go on. up until 0,7, slowing down is comparable to an ICE car slowing down in gear (also no brakelights)
That's interesting, I did wonder about that.
With the g-meter up it should be possible to tell what's going on with the brake lights, assuming it's accurate and responsive enough (anddoesn't require such close scrutiny as to be unsafe).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My lights (dipped) always appear to come on when raining (wipers on) and when above a certain speed - could be a function of PDLS+. Fog is the one you need to be careful of but pressing the rear fog light to on also switches on the headlights.

I see the safety argument for the rear but its not a strong one and more important that front daytime running lights are always on given approaching traffic is more likely to be a hazard.

Volvo had it right with the 240 way back in 1984, it just took the rest of the motor manufacturing world several decades to catch up!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sure, we do have legislation…for everything in EU..but explain that to the driver behind you :rolleyes:

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
It's off in Norway too. And not possible to turn on. According to dealer. And slower to light up when entering darker aereas then the BMW i3.
Sponsored