tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
No matter what I do, I can't get my car's data connection to connect. I have tried:

• Engineering reboot
  • Locking car and walking away (key out of range) for 20 mins, one hour and overnight

I am in an area with a strong cell signal from the network that Porsche use locally. When I open the "Integrated SIM" status screen I see no signal an no network (usually Vodafone) mentioned.

I've ping my Porsche Centre to see if they can investigate but wondering if there is anything I should try in the meantime. I'm not happy because this is impacting the Porsche Vehicle Tracking Service (PVTS+) which is a condition of my insurance.

Is this potentially a OTA module that has gone bad? This has happened previously to me, but usually it "fixed itself" overnight. Not this time though.

Porsche Taycan Can't get data connection to work IMG_0043
Sponsored

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No matter what I do, I can't get my car's data connection to connect...
I had the same, no LTE in front of the house despite the cell tower close to home. So called PC and made an appointment. A few days later I took it for a short drive and the LTE was back.

I really miss having more control over the cars internal modules. Like a PCM screen on which we can see the status of those modules and reset them with a push of a (virtual) button.

Throw in another screen with the current fault codes and I would be even more happier!

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had the same, no LTE in front of the house despite the cell tower close to home. So called PC and made an appointment. A few days later I took it for a short drive and the LTE was back.

I really miss having more control over the cars internal modules. Like a PCM screen on which we can see the status of those modules and reset them with a push of a (virtual) button.

Throw in another screen with the current fault codes and I would be even more happier!
Same with me. Couple of days no connection( no LTE.) Tried to delete my mobile phone and to reconnect.. I could not reconnect the phone as PCM did not respond.

I was already planning to visit Porsche again as suddenly everything was back and worked again. Sometging locked and released itself a couple of days later I think.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
And its back. FFS.

Will be impossible to get this fixed if its not happening when I am at Porsche Centre.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I tried everything under the sun including subscribing to the the Verizon WiFi as some have suggested. Nothing worked. I took it in and they opened a ticket and worked with Porsche NA. They apparently did some thing on the back end and it now works. What an ordeal. To finish on a positive, I am otherwise loving my MY 2022 CT.

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tried everything under the sun including subscribing to the the Verizon WiFi as some have suggested. Nothing worked. I took it in and they opened a ticket and worked with Porsche NA. They apparently did some thing on the back end and it now works. What an ordeal. To finish on a positive, I am otherwise loving my MY 2022 CT.
I just called, they are going to change my OTA
Sponsored