Car Seat recommendations needed

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Dear Forum members,

I am about to welcome my firstborn in November and have begun looking into car seats for the Taycan.
Very excited as it's been one of the driving factors for me to get the Taycan instead of daily-ing the 997.

Any recommendations in terms of brands/models from all the esteemed members on this forum?

It is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
We used Be Safe and Cybex when our little ones were very little in our cayenne. Placed an order for the taycan and realised near delivery time that my car seats weren’t compatible with the car. So I basically had 4 seats that were no longer compatible.

Decided it would be easier to buy the Porsche ones as they would be compatible in all Porsches. They are made by Britax. Kids like all three seats types we have

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
We used Be Safe and Cybex when our little ones were very little in our cayenne. Placed an order for the taycan and realised near delivery time that my car seats weren’t compatible with the car. So I basically had 4 seats that were no longer compatible.

Decided it would be easier to buy the Porsche ones as they would be compatible in all Porsches. They are made by Britax. Kids like all three seats types we have
was that due to the two original seats not being isofix?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
was that due to the two original seats not being isofix?
no according to cybex website it wasn't compatible and when I spoke to them they said the same...

my fault for buying the premium Ferrari edition! Lesser models were compatible but id had enough of car seats not being compatible so I got porsche ones

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
Hi Dear Forum members,

I am about to welcome my firstborn in November and have begun looking into car seats for the Taycan.
Very excited as it's been one of the driving factors for me to get the Taycan instead of daily-ing the 997.

Any recommendations in terms of brands/models from all the esteemed members on this forum?

Thanks!
My suggestion is to get one with a base that stays in the car. You don't want to have to unbuckle/carry if you can just un-pop the whole seat and keep them there. Get an extra base for your other cars and a stroller that is compatible. This set up was a life saver. They all use the LATCH system so they should be compatible.

We had the Graco system that worked great.

Edit to add...Congratulations! Our son just got on the bus this morning for the first time for kindergarten. 5 years in a flash!

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
I used Britax infant seats with my son (in both a BMW X5 and an Audi S6) he is still in a 5 Point harness booster that is also Britax. Try to go to a store that will allow you to take a demo model out to determine fit, usually an independent store (aka not chain retailer) will do this having an associate accompany you.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
First of all; congrats!

I have two kids; an one year old girl and a three year old girl. Both are sitting in a Cybex seats. According to some tests here in Europe they are the safest. The seats can rotate 90 degrees to help you get your newborn in easily :) The base is useable for the seat in the picture but also the maxi cose can fit in it. I’m 1.78 and there is plenty room behind me to fit the base.

btw, the seat back covers are a must if you travel with kids. You store tissues, toys and other handy baby stuff in there. My 3 years old can reach all pockets herself to pick a next toy.

Porsche Taycan Car Seat recommendations needed IMG_1195

Porsche Taycan Car Seat recommendations needed IMG_1194

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi Dear Forum members,

Thanks!
Congrats! My second is coming in 2 months. I'm using checco keyfit. Was amazing for my first born. Comes with a base to lock and unlock.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I have a Graco for my son but I am not sure of the model. It works perfectly fine in the Taycan other than it being a pain to put him in the car. As for the removable car seats I really think it depends on the person. I thought it was a complete wast of $600, only took it out twice.

OP
OP
kailifish

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Thanks for the response!

Were the Porsche ones based on any brand's models?

Noted to not buy the Ferrari ones :CWL:, my understanding was that IsoFix should fit any car?

OP
OP
kailifish

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
First of all; congrats!

I have two kids; an one year old girl and a three year old girl. Both are sitting in a Cybex seats. According to some tests here in Europe they are the safest. The seats can rotate 90 degrees to help you get your newborn in easily :) The base is useable for the seat in the picture but also the maxi cose can fit in it. I’m 1.78 and there is plenty room behind me to fit the base.

btw, the seat back covers are a must if you travel with kids. You store tissues, toys and other handy baby stuff in there. My 3 years old can reach all pockets herself to pick a next toy.

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg
Thanks, seat covers will be a must to also protect the back of the seats.
May have to convince wife to not get a "cute" one

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for the response!

Were the Porsche ones based on any brand's models?

Noted to not buy the Ferrari ones :CWL:, my understanding was that IsoFix should fit any car?
porsche ones are made by Britax

isofix do fit any car but I think cybex said it’s the way the seatbelt works with the seat but memory about that is a little hazy. I always check to make sure seat is compatible with car.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Thanks, seat covers will be a must to also protect the back of the seats.
May have to convince wife to not get a "cute" one
There is a Porsche tequipment one. It is pretty cheap actually. I think around 25$. Installing is easy, you hang them around the headrest and then you have to connect the bottom to the bottom of your seat. Under your seat there some metal arms where you can connect the seat protectors
Sponsored