kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
My 2020 TS went in fir it’s update and I collected it yesterday. New features seem to work fine however my car is stuck in privacy mode on the app?

The car is not in privacy mode and I have tried changing it into and out of privacy mode in an attempt to force it out but nothing works and I have no working app.

Has anyone else suffered this?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My 2020 TS went in fir it’s update and I collected it yesterday. New features seem to work fine however my car is stuck in privacy mode on the app?

The car is not in privacy mode and I have tried changing it into and out of privacy mode in an attempt to force it out but nothing works and I have no working app.

Has anyone else suffered this?
What does the web portal say (My Porsche)?
If that looks ok, delete your Porsche Connect app and reinstall again.
If that doesn't look ok, your connection to the vehicle is lost and you probably need a new OTA-module.

OP
OP

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Tried deleting and reinstalling unfortunately but everything shows it as being in privacy mode.

The app just shows the car but no options and tells me to disable privacy mode in the car

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Log out for the PCM--- wait 5 minutes with the key fob away from the car ---- log in agin with your Porsche connect user/ password and see if this works. if didn't work out, then try to reset all function to factory settings from the PCM in the car. Sucks! as you will end up setting your individuals all over again.

OP
OP

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Well I managed to get it back on…. However I don’t have any of the buttons for the new features like the remote unlock/lock horn etc.

pointless update really for me as wireless CarPlay rarely works!

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I had this issue after my update.

My car is now waiting for a new module from Germany. Unfortunately I logged out of my profile and neither myself or my dealer haven’t been able to log back in. So I’m stuck using guest while I wait.
Sponsored