Charging America App

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Until recently, the Charging America App would remember my Porsche ID settings so that if I would go to charge my car and opened the app, all the required information was there so I could charge my car. Starting about a week ago, the app no longer remembers my ID Every time I go to the app I have to log in. Upon logging in, I am asked if it is OK to use my Porsche ID-I say yes and I am logged in. The next time I go to use the app I have to repeat this process. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, do you have a solution?
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Until recently, the Charging America App would remember my Porsche ID settings so that if I would go to charge my car and opened the app, all the required information was there so I could charge my car. Starting about a week ago, the app no longer remembers my ID Every time I go to the app I have to log in. Upon logging in, I am asked if it is OK to use my Porsche ID-I say yes and I am logged in. The next time I go to use the app I have to repeat this process. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, do you have a solution?
I have had similar issues. In addition, when I try to charge even after logging in, it does not appear to work.

I charge now using the Porsche Connect app instead.

No solution except to let them know there is a problem and hope for an update.

OP
OP

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had similar issues. In addition, when I try to charge even after logging in, it does not appear to work.

I charge now using the Porsche Connect app instead.

No solution except to let them know there is a problem and hope for an update.
How do you charge with the Porsche Connect App? I have never seen a way to use that for charging purposes.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do you charge with the Porsche Connect App? I have never seen a way to use that for charging purposes.
Took me a while too!

Go to the bottom left, click on “Explore”.

That will pull up your car on the map.

Click on the charger near you (presumably where your car is now) and then you can select “start charging“ - select the specific “charger stall” and off you go.

In addition, if you aren’t at a charger, you can select a charger and then select “transfer to vehicle” - that will send the location to your navigation.

OP
OP

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I will give it a try next time I am out.
Sponsored