TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Charging America app is not communicating with my Porsche Connect. When i press Start Charging on the CA app, it says I need a valid contract - which I already have with Porsche (free) for 12 months. Why aren’t they communicating?

Also, anyone know why my Porsche server isn’t connecting? Not closing the loop.

Porsche Taycan Charging America App Not Speaking... E6B15870-9BFF-4DD5-A242-96C7502B972A
Sponsored

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
Charging America app is not communicating with my Porsche Connect. When i press Start Charging on the CA app, it says I need a valid contract - which I already have with Porsche (free) for 12 months. Why aren’t they communicating?

Also, anyone know why my Porsche server isn’t connecting? Not closing the loop.

E6B15870-9BFF-4DD5-A242-96C7502B972A.jpeg

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I now had my Taycan 4S for about 2 months and have had consistent problems making the connection with Porsche Connect (Android) software. In fact, I have never seen all four wireless quadrantes of the "Connection Status" display (in your message) show as green.
  1. Line segments in the "Connection Status" display are red/green inconsistently.
    1. Segment A-B: Always Green
    2. Segment B-C: Always Red (NEVER GREEN)
    3. Segment C-D: Usually Red
    4. Segment D-A: Always Green

The fact that your B-C segment which indicates the wireless connection between the car and your external Wi-Fi is green is a mystery to me as I've never been able to make this connection turn green.

• When you set up the car, were you able to get the PCM's Wi-Fi to provide mobile access to phones in the car via Wi-Fi? I've only been able to get the phone to see the Wi-Fi access point, connect to it, but it says that there is no internet service on the connection. I called Porsche, they told me that it is an ATT wireless issue (I live in California) and that Porsche is aware of it. However, it appears as though you were able to activate your Wi-Fi so that it is connected to the car as evidenced by the B-C Segment.

• Despite that the four segments are not green, I am still able to review the charge/voltage and range status, adjust the timer and charge profiles, review trip data, tire pressure, etc.

My suggestion is that despite that you are getting a message that the car is not connected; (I get that as well and I am able to see and modify a number of parameters related to charging, temperature, etc. remotely), try it to see what you can do and what functions are available. Note, the full remote operations of windows, door locks, etc. is not yet available.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
My word, thank you WemctThis board is valuable resource.
I now had my Taycan 4S for about 2 months and have had consistent problems making the connection with Porsche Connect (Android) software. In fact, I have never seen all four wireless quadrantes of the "Connection Status" display (in your message) show as green.
  1. Line segments in the "Connection Status" display are red/green inconsistently.

The fact that your B-C segment which indicates the wireless connection between the car and your external Wi-Fi is green is a mystery to me as I've never been able to make this connection turn green.

• When you set up the car, were you able to get the PCM's Wi-Fi to provide mobile access to phones in the car via Wi-Fi? I've only been able to get the phone to see the Wi-Fi access point, connect to it, but it says that there is no internet service on the connection. I called Porsche, they told me that it is an ATT wireless issue (I live in California) and that Porsche is aware of it. However, it appears as though you were able to activate your Wi-Fi so that it is connected to the car as evidenced by the B-C Segment.

• Despite that the four segments are not green, I am still able to review the charge/voltage and range status, adjust the timer and charge profiles, review trip data, tire pressure, etc.

My suggestion is that despite that you are getting a message that the car is not connected; (I get that as well and I am able to see and modify a number of parameters related to charging, temperature, etc. remotely), try it to see what you can do and what functions are available. Note, the full remote operations of windows, door locks, etc. is not yet available.
The odd thing is that on my IPhone it says not connected to the Taycan Wifi, but the app shows those 3 segments green, just not the Porsche server. Also, I’m not able to use any of the PCM services like weather, real time traffic, calendar yet..

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Although you will find the Taycan's wifi network, Porsche has not enabled the hotspot functionality so you cannot use it to connect to the internet. It is rare to have all 4 segments to be green. In general it does not affect your ability to use the various services. The Taycan uses its own eSim card to connect to the mothership for various things like updates for the Nav system and to enable internet radio, Apple Music, etc.

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Although you will find the Taycan's wifi network, Porsche has not enabled the hotspot functionality so you cannot use it to connect to the internet. It is rare to have all 4 segments to be green. In general it does not affect your ability to use the various services. The Taycan uses its own eSim card to connect to the mothership for various things like updates for the Nav system and to enable internet radio, Apple Music, etc.
What about Other PCM Services... which ones are not currently available in Canada / USA?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My word, thank you WemctThis board is valuable resource.

The odd thing is that on my IPhone it says not connected to the Taycan Wifi, but the app shows those 3 segments green, just not the Porsche server. Also, I’m not able to use any of the PCM services like weather, real time traffic, calendar yet..
If I remember correctly it took a day or two after I picked up my car for all of the 24 services to be activated. Since you are able to use the Charging App, it sounds like your dealer activated the account. I assume that you also received an email (usually before you pick up your car) to claim the car through My Porsche.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What about Other PCM Services... which ones are not currently available in Canada / USA?
In my Taycan, I have 24 of the 25 services activated. The 25th is the security package which costs extra. Depending on what you purchased when you ordered the car, (e.g. Intelligent Range Manager) some of the 24 may be available for purchase post delivery. Here is the list:

Apple Music
executable in My Porsche

Car Alarm
executable in My Porsche

Car Control
executable in My Porsche

Carfinder
executable in My Porsche

Charging at home
executable in My Porsche

Climate
executable in My Porsche

E-Control
executable in My Porsche

Location Alarm
executable in My Porsche

Navigation Plus
executable in My Porsche

Porsche Charging Service (Taycan)
executable in My Porsche

Speed Alarm
executable in My Porsche

Trip Control
executable in My Porsche

Calendar

Charging Planner

E-Control

Finder

News

Online Map Update

Radio Plus

Radio Plus

Satellite Map

Valet Alarm

Voice Pilot

Weather

Car Security Package
Available to purchase

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
This is what I get in the Connect app. Homestead network is my home wifi and the car is in the garage which does have a signal. I can't find anything in the manual or online to help. I'm assuming that whatever this error is explains why my car charges to 100% despite having setup the timer/profile to 85%. This is driving me crazy. Any help appreciated. I haven't tried charging at an EV yet
Porsche Taycan Charging America App Not Speaking... IMG_545165D7155B-1
Sponsored