Charging dock

Richard Illgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I read on this forum that the plug for the 220 outlet in the charging dock needs to be installed upside down. I just had my charging dock installed and the electrician installed it with the plug in the conventional orientation. I tried to plug it in today and I agree with the previous post and thread that the plug apparently needs to be installed upside down. Does anyone else have the same problem or further information on this topic
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Yes my ClipperCreek EVSE needed the nema 14-50 to be upside down because of the way the plug came down as was to short due to the 12 inch length to flex. I told the electrician that before he installed the 14-50 plug. Not a problem to reverse, lets hope your electrician will correct this or you can if you are up to the challenge.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Yes, the NEMA 14-50 outlet is supposed to be upside down to allow for the Porsche charging dock (see picture).

Porsche Taycan Charging dock ChargerPlugOrientation

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can flip the socket over yourself. Just turn off the breaker, open the box, and there should be enough slack in the wires for you to turn it 180 degrees and close it back up. I was able to flip mine over without any trouble. Just make sure you turn off the breaker first! (And if you’re not sure how to do that, then definitely call an electrician.)
Sponsored