CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone North or South of the border know of many reliable chargers? Going to the north Antrim Coast and Dublin in the 4S and keen to know if there are many/ reliable chargers before i go over.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Can only speak for the Republic of Ireland.

Chargers are generally reliable. There are three main networks you are going to want to consider:

IONITY, ESB eCars and EasyGo.

Your existing Porsche Charging Service card will work fine at IONITY and it may work on the others (unsure).

I'd advise you to order a pay-as-you-go card from ESB (that runs the electricity network on the entire island) from https://www.esb.ie/ecars. They'll post your card to your UK address.

EasyGo, you can just sign up via the app and likely only if you think you need them at a specific location.

If you need a fast charger in Dublin city itself – I'm sure Porsche Centre Dublin, would be happy to help if you ring their reception ahead – their 350kw charger is only accessible during their opening hours.

Most of the ESB fast chargers work on 400V so hope you've spec'd the 150kw DC charger in your car. Though they have begun installing more 800V 350kw chargers recently.

In general, you'll find plugshare reasonably accurate in terms of charger reviews/feedback.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Chargers are generally reliable. There are three main networks you are going to want to consider:

Your existing Porsche Charging Service card will work fine at IONITY and it may work on the others (unsure).

I'd advise you to order a pay-as-you-go card from ESB (that runs the electricity network on the entire island) from https://www.esb.ie/ecars. They'll post your card to your UK address.

EasyGo, you can just sign up via the app and likely only if you think you need them at a specific location.

If you need a fast charger in Dublin city itself – I'm sure Porsche Centre Dublin, would be happy to help if you ring their reception ahead – their 350kw charger is only accessible during their opening hours.

Most of the ESB fast chargers work on 400V so hope you've spec'd the 150kw DC charger in your car. Though they have begun installing more 800V 350kw chargers recently.

In general, you'll find plugshare reasonably accurate in terms of charger reviews/feedback.

Thank you, I’ll order the card now. C
Sponsored