NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Sea to Sky drivers. FYI, there are 4 new Electrify Canada charging stations operational at the Garibaldi Shopping Centre north of the town of Squamish, in front of the London Drugs. One 350 and three 150’s. There is a Starbucks one minute walk south. I tried the 350 as an experiment last week - it worked first time using the Porsche Connect app and gave me 20 minutes at no charge. However, I was a little disappointed that it it only output 90-100 kWh. (many if the US Taycan owners have been posting Electrify America experiences in the 200-250 kWh range.
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sea to Sky drivers. FYI, there are 4 new Electrify Canada charging stations operational at the Garibaldi Shopping Centre north of the town of Squamish, in front of the London Drugs. One 350 and three 150’s. There is a Starbucks one minute walk south. I tried the 350 as an experiment last week - it worked first time using the Porsche Connect app and gave me 20 minutes at no charge. However, I was a little disappointed that it it only output 90-100 kWh. (many if the US Taycan owners have been posting Electrify America experiences in the 200-250 kWh range.
Thanks for the information.... I thought we use the Charge N/A app... I haven't had the chance to use an EC station... can you please advise where in the Porsche Connect App to make it work? Thanks.

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the information.... I thought we use the Charge N/A app... I haven't had the chance to use an EC station... can you please advise where in the Porsche Connect App to make it work? Thanks.
Yes you can use the Charge NA app. In Connect, select the bottom left icon “Explore” then the green circle that pops up the bar code scanner. However, the one in Squamish doesn’t have bar codes so press the left icon with 9 little squares and type in the station ID. Make sure you have attached your credit card to your My Porsche account (it needs it in case you go over the 30 free minutes).

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, post the number kWh you experience. I will be interested if you get over 100.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes you can use the Charge NA app. In Connect, select the bottom left icon “Explore” then the green circle that pops up the bar code scanner. However, the one in Squamish doesn’t have bar codes so press the left icon with 9 little squares and type in the station ID. Make sure you have attached your credit card to your My Porsche account (it needs it in case you go over the 30 free minutes).
Thanks, but when I go to Explore, I don't see any green circle that pops up... I haven't gone there yet, but was searching on the map routing... Do I need to in front of the charger for it to have the green circle / bar code scanner?

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I can’t wait for the border to open. Looking forward to a road trip to Vancouver and Whistler! Need my Nanaimo bar fix...

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, but when I go to Explore, I don't see any green circle that pops up... I haven't gone there yet, but was searching on the map routing... Do I need to in front of the charger for it to have the green circle / bar code scanner?
Porsche Taycan Charging in Squamish BC 136D9110-CFEE-4E32-8360-2CCEF222937C

Porsche Taycan Charging in Squamish BC 63FB0CA8-ADBF-44E6-AB1B-7220965CBCB1

Porsche Taycan Charging in Squamish BC 63BDA9D6-F6E7-411F-912E-463FDE3A84F0

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nope, I don't have that green circle option... I guess I will need to sign up charging with my Porsche ID website? Will the three years free start as soon as I sign up or when I first use the service? I haven't driven outside the city for a long trip to use EC.

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope, I don't have that green circle option... I guess I will need to sign up charging with my Porsche ID website? Will the three years free start as soon as I sign up or when I first use the service? I haven't driven outside the city for a long trip to use EC.
I think the three years started when you bought the car. You need to sign up on the website, but the Porsche dealer should have set that up for you. You should check your “services” on the website. Good luck.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
"The free 3-year charging offered by Electrify America begins at your very first charge. Whether you are resident in Canada or the US, you are entitled to the same 3-yr inclusive trial period. The App keeps track of your inclusive period." - I forgot I got his clarification from Porsche before... I guess I just need to set it up... Thanks.
Sponsored