TaycanTurboUK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, i8 going soon
Country flag
So, to say I am in a bad mood is an understatement.

Had hospitality tickets for the rugby today and a hotel booked for tonight, but instead of being at Twickenham am sat at home watching it on Prime!

Had enough charge in the car to get to the hotel in Hounslow but decided to stop at Fleet Services and top it right up as that would get me into London and then back home again first thing in the morning.

Firstly there are about 20 Tesla charges at this services and two shitty old Electric Highways ones that are beat up with the plug surrounds broken on them, first time charging here, but one was a 50kw so I thought happy days,

20 minutes to download the app and get registered, then plug it in and get a message on the lower screen Fault : Charging currently not possible. So start again, same thing, turn on/off same thing, try all the simple stuff to make sure didn't have a stupid charging profile loaded, was on General, and I tried both profile and direct charging and the same. At one point got an orange warning on the screen behind steering wheel saying Warning : charging port not available check manual, or something like that. Check manual can't find anything.

The other charger was a 5kw or something, so plugged that into the charge port on the other side and repeated all the above with the same results.

Call Porsche assist, was hoping for a way to re-boot the system or something, but no techies available, but they had roadside assist 20 minutes away. They turn up, a bloke from the AA that could do nothing, was really nice and tried, but said they don't get issued any software to be able to do anything, so he just did what I had done with the same results. Phoned my Porsche dealer and no one techie there either.

Had 46% charge and told me I could get back home with 6% free, or I could go to London, arrive with ~15% and worry about it in the morning, but needed to get home early to collect daughter so that wasn't really an option.

Headed off home, driving like a nun and got home with <20 miles left, but literally had everything turned off, head up, heating (missing even more un-happy) console screen the lot.

Plugged it into home charger and same thing. Then noticed something odd, on some of the menu's half the menu options were in English and half in German, and they kept changing back and forth. Went to phone Porsche assist again so they could come and collect it and then all of a sudden it sprung into life and started charging.

So, will have to take it into the garage, again, and see what they find.

Result = misses really pissed off, but enjoying the fact she did say this morning we should take her car, £500 out of pocked on tickets and hotel and sat home with a car outside charging and all my mates thinking I must have dreamt it, but do have beer in so not a complete waste of a day !

Porsche Taycan Charging issues today Charge1
Porsche Taycan Charging issues today Charge2