jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Just had my MY22 CT4S towed today on the way back from my first trip. Communication error… the other cars had no problem with the same IONITY chargers. Only had the car for 2 weeks so I consider selling it now … can’t imagine having to face the same issue on random trips. My wife is so p…d off to have to ride back home in a taxi. Too bad it was an amazing ride for a couple of weeks.
Definitely sell it……it’s the sensible thing to do without question.
Sponsored

JanL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Just had my MY22 CT4S towed today on the way back from my first trip. Communication error… the other cars had no problem with the same IONITY chargers. Only had the car for 2 weeks so I consider selling it now … can’t imagine having to face the same issue on random trips. My wife is so p…d off to have to ride back home in a taxi. Too bad it was an amazing ride for a couple of weeks.
Hi Bill. I can't understand you more. I'm bit more experienced now. It looks that Taycan is very sensitive how the charging connector is connected to the car. You have to hold it until the car locks the connector and the indicator flashes white. Ionity even has a video showing it: .

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi Bill. I can't understand you more. I'm bit more experienced now. It looks that Taycan is very sensitive how the charging connector is connected to the car. You have to hold it until the car locks the connector and the indicator flashes white. Ionity even has a video showing it: .
Thanks I wish I had seen this video before calling the tow truck. The thing is I had the same issue with the TOTAL stations - could this video apply to ANY network ? The day before I had no issues with other IONITY charging stations.

Porsche Taycan Ionity Charging Issues 944E3166-9A26-4688-9411-CC4A52056BA5

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks I wish I had seen this video before calling the tow truck. The thing is I had the same issue with the TOTAL stations - could this video apply to ANY network ? The day before I had no issues with other IONITY charging stations.
Yes it can be the same with all the CCS DC chargers. The two small connectors ar the top of the plug are prone to get a bad connection and then charging will give error messages unforunately.

So Total, Ionity, She’ll Allego etc etc May have the same problems.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I guess it was more serious than that. The dealer could not get it charged. New charging parts in order. A few weeks without the car I guess.

JanL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Well I guess it was more serious than that. The dealer could not get it charged. New charging parts in order. A few weeks without the car I guess.
Hi Bill. Could you please post here the final solution, once you will know that?

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Bill. Could you please post here the final solution, once you will know that?
I sure will once I get the car back. Apparently this issue has not been reported yet.
Sponsored