BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I saw this picture and some comments around it were that this was a picture of an employee car at Porsche and was Cherry Metallic - done as a one-off to test the color. But not something available from Porsche. The color here does look more burgundy than the pics I have seen of the Cherry Metallic Heritage 911. But it is dirty and possibly a cloudy day - hard to tell without seeing it in person. Particularly for colors that change a lot at different viewing angles.
FYI - I was referring to the picture posted by Cilviloze here. I don't have much experience posting to forums - I thought it would include the pic in a reply...
Sponsored

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
What color is this? I thought they were only doing Cherry Metallic on the Heritage 911 Targa and the Taycan. I could be wrong about that.
I have no idea. That's why I asking here.

OP
OP

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I asked my local Porsche dealer if they had Cherry Metallic samples and it turns out a box had just arrived. Below are a couple pics indoors and one outdoors.

I loved the color and think it will look great on a Taycan. To my eye it was a deep dark red (Cherry red is a good description) inside under normal room lighting - and outside in direct sun it brightens up but still looks like a very rich color.

One thing I noticed when taking pictures (at least on an iPhone) - up close the pictures looked much brighter than it does to the eye. But if you back up the color darkens in the picture to more closely match what it looks like in real life. I think my iPhone was brightening up the picture because sampling the color made it think the room was dark. When I backed up and tapped to focus on the white table (getting the iPhone to use that to sample brightness) the color darkened to look more like it does to the eye. It was strange...

In any event - I chose the pictures below to best match the color it looked like in person. Apologies the indoor pictures are a bit blurry - a side affect of me focusing on the white table to get the color right.

So I am now planning on a Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo with Mission-E wheels painted satin platinum with black leather - as soon as they can get me a 2021 allocation.....

Hope this helps anyone else interested in Cherry Metallic. And I would highly recommend going to see it in person at a dealer rather than judging off of pictures.

Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan 216FD6B6-6C24-49F6-B756-2EB21AEC3647

Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan 54B18479-ADAE-4227-92DD-12BA00358FF9

Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan DA28BC7D-C8BD-46B8-BECF-A070872DBF8B

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Great pics - looks pretty close to the renderings in the Hongkonk configurator, and confirms my preference for this color. Just need to reconfigure seat color and other options again... Nice luxurious problem:).

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
I have seen the cherrymetallic yesterday in person and it looked really great :like: very satisfied of my choice. I'll post pictures of my car as soon as possible (should be mid-October). My SA and Porsche people at the Hockenheimring Experience Center told me that the the cherrymetallic from the 911 Targa Heritage is the same as for the Taycan.
Enjoy some pictures from the 911 heritage edition.
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan porsche-911-targa-heritage-otwarcie
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan 2020-Porsche-911-Targa-4S-Heritage-Design-Edition-01
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan unnamed
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan Porsche_911-Targa_4S_Heritage_Edition_HD_1
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan porsche-911-targa-4s-heritage-design-edition.jpe
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan images.jpe
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan 5ed694647b969.r_1591129454654.0-95-720-455.jpe
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan porsche-911-heritage-design-2-1100x733
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan 911targa-heritage-3

OP
OP

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks Philippe - good to hear and I am looking forward to seeing your pics in October. I just put in my order for a Metallic Cherry Taycan as well - but with an expected delivery date of 1/20/2021. Out of curiosity - what wheels did you choose on your build?

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Thanks Philippe - good to hear and I am looking forward to seeing your pics in October. I just put in my order for a Metallic Cherry Taycan as well - but with an expected delivery date of 1/20/2021. Out of curiosity - what wheels did you choose on your build?
I did choose the sport aero wheels, I'm wondering if I should get them painted in all black?
Have a look at the Pic from my final configuration
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan Screenshot_20200902-080009_WhatsA
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan Screenshot_20200902-075933_WhatsA

OP
OP

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I did choose the sport aero wheels, I'm wondering if I should get them painted in all black?
Have a look at the Pic from my final configuration
Screenshot_20200902-080009_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20200902-075933_WhatsApp.jpg
Looks great. I was debating between the 20" Turbo Aero and the 21" Mission E painted in Satin Platinum. I decided to go with the latter after driving the two back to back - and am just hoping the lower profile tires can handle any potholes in my area. But your's look good as well - particularly with the Cherry Metallic. I tend to like lighter colored wheels but if you like the all black look I could see painting these looking good. Here is a post with a picture of that on Volcano Grey:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/20-sport-aero-wheels-what-do-you-think.1907/post-25387

Here is a post where someone looked at blacking out the 20" Turbo Aero wheels suggesting you could do it with pinstripe vinyl. Not sure how good that would be - but it is probably an easy way to see what it would look like before you had them painted.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...bo-aero-wheels-for-25-what-do-you-think.1532/

Reactions: TIM
OP
OP

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For me, Cherry goes really, really well together with chrome, so had Cherry been available when I ordered mine, I'd possibly kept the metallic window frames. Amazing color.
I agree and was debating chrome vs black window frames. I have a 2013 Panamera in dark blue metallic with the chrome frames - but it has an oxidized/discolored look that it actually had when I purchased it in 2014. I was told the person I purchased it from must have used the wrong type of cleaning solution on it and/or used a public car wash with cleaning solution that caused it.

So when considering what to put on my Taycan order - I went to my Porsche dealer and walked the lot and looked at a dozen or so older Panameras with the Chrome window frames (pre 2014) that I think were in for service. About half of them looked pretty good - but about half of them had oxidation and some of those pretty bad. I also saw a lot of Panameras and others with the black trim - and while some of those looked dirty/old, they all looked like they could clean up nicely.

Based on that - and me not knowing how I could ensure my Chrome trim would stay in top shape without having to carefully inspect it every time it is washed/detailed (and if they did mess it up then having to deal with that) I decided to go with the black trim.

Poppi

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
amg c43 cabrio. Cayenne. Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Does anyone have info or pictures on Cherry Metallic for the Taycan? The configurator (in Hong Kong) does not seem to be a good representation of the color. When should we expect to see the first pics of that color in real life?

You can see Cherry Metallic in the 911 Targa Heritage edition - and to me the color looks great in those pics.
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan pickup pix

Poppi

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
amg c43 cabrio. Cayenne. Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Does anyone have info or pictures on Cherry Metallic for the Taycan? The configurator (in Hong Kong) does not seem to be a good representation of the color. When should we expect to see the first pics of that color in real life?

You can see Cherry Metallic in the 911 Targa Heritage edition - and to me the color looks great in those pics.

hi this is our 2023 in Cherry metallic ordered 2022 no longer standard option color unfortunately.
Sponsored