struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Looked through the forum but didn’t see this one mentioned. When I drive for a long period of time, I hear a clunk sound when shutting the door after exiting. It sounds like it is coming from the door handle area and that something is dropping behind the door. It doesn’t happen on short drives and doesn’t happen again if I close and reopen the door.

I have the car in getting the recall update. The dealer phoned to say they can’t recreate the issue. It is a minor issue but mildly annoying. If they can’t fix it, not a big deal. Just wondering if anyone else had this and had it fixed so I could guide the dealer.

I pick up the car tomorrow - as they were doing the update I was able to track their activity using the connect app. They didn’t put it in privacy mode. I would see when they moved it inside, open the door, open the hood etc. It was handy. I was also surprised the app worked so consistently!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Do you hear this noise right when the window goes up after door closed? I have heard a type of clunk/crunch noise in that situation a handful of times and even my loaner has done it a couple times.

Sounds like something related to the drop/raise function since I have not experienced it with the windows down. (front door only)

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have this issue! I brought it to the dealership and they said it was software and was fixed by the recall update-- it was not :( Have to bring it in again. I know we're early adopters and these are growing pains but I'm really getting tired of my monthly visit to the service center.

OP
OP
struther

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Do you hear this noise right when the window goes up after door closed? I have heard a type of clunk/crunch noise in that situation a handful of times and even my loaner has done it a couple times.

Sounds like something related to the drop/raise function since I have not experienced it with the windows down. (front door only)
I will have to test that out next long drive - roll down the window before shutting the door. It is not the actual window going up on close and it doesn’t happen with the passenger door. Thanks for thought.

OP
OP
struther

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I have this issue! I brought it to the dealership and they said it was software and was fixed by the recall update-- it was not :( Have to bring it in again. I know we're early adopters and these are growing pains but I'm really getting tired of my monthly visit to the service center.
Interesting that they thought this would be software related. Sounds mechanical to me but perhaps the software that controls the window operation on close is causing it??

Fortunately my issues have been so minor that I only had them look at this because the car was in for the recall update. I haven’t had any other issues except the odd PCM failures. But yeah, hopefully updates improve stability.

thanks for the reply and additional context.

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car also has it. clunk noise coming inside the passenger side door panel. btw my door panel is also rattling so great.:clap:

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting that they thought this would be software related. Sounds mechanical to me but perhaps the software that controls the window operation on close is causing it??

Fortunately my issues have been so minor that I only had them look at this because the car was in for the recall update. I haven’t had any other issues except the odd PCM failures. But yeah, hopefully updates improve stability.

thanks for the reply and additional context.
Please let me know if you are able to get it fixed-- I'm not due back at the service center for about a week, so would be interested to know how they fixed it they do. And, yes, mine is only on the driver's side door and not every time-- maybe 50% of the time. Thanks!

OP
OP
struther

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Please let me know if you are able to get it fixed-- I'm not due back at the service center for about a week, so would be interested to know how they fixed it they do. And, yes, mine is only on the driver's side door and not every time-- maybe 50% of the time. Thanks!
Absolutely. I am only going to take it back when I can reliably reproduce this or capture it on video.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Absolutely. I am only going to take it back when I can reliably reproduce this or capture it on video.
I brought my car in for service, provided a video of the sound, but they said they couldn't reproduce it. Still happening. Really, really frustrating.

Sfsurfer

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2021, 1999 Boxster
Country flag
I have it happening when I shut the driver door. Taycan already at dealer for air conditioning not working. 1,500 miles and only a month and a half in service. Will be asking them to look at it while in shop as apparently it could be “weeks” before air conditioning issue is resolved. Unbelievable.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have it happening when I shut the driver door. Taycan already at dealer for air conditioning not working. 1,500 miles and only a month and a half in service. Will be asking them to look at it while in shop as apparently it could be “weeks” before air conditioning issue is resolved. Unbelievable.
At least you're not waiting for a new drive unit. Mine been in service since early August. Parts delays are a motherf**ker. Parts arrived yesterday so I should have it back next week pending testing outcome.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will have to test that out next long drive - roll down the window before shutting the door. It is not the actual window going up on close and it doesn’t happen with the passenger door. Thanks for thought.
I have recently experienced the noise when shutting doors with the windows DOWN. (intermittently) It has happened with both front doors and right rear. Leads me to believe that is actuator or similar part.

Not a huge deal now but definitely something to ask Porsche about and if there is a problem - 4/50K warranty is there.
Sponsored