Collect from dealer or deliver to home?

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Hello,
So my car is finally ready to collect next week. Unfortunately the dealership I chose is a couple of hours drive away so is a bit of a pain (half day off work and need someone to come with me). Alternatively, the dealer has said he can arrange for the car to be transported to my home on a flatbed and has said they do this often especially post COVID. I am leaning towards taking up his offer since it seems far easier and I would of course inspect the car once it is delivered.

What are your thoughts on having it delivered versus collect at dealership? The dealer has said that the guys dropping the car to my home would not be able to show my how to use the car etc, which is a downside but he said I can call him if I have any questions (and there is always this great forum too).

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: K.H

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I prefer to learn at my own pace, so I watched just about every YouTube video on the Taycan and opt'd for home delivery. It also helps to check out Porsche's Good to Know app.

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I live four hours from the dealership and was offered delivery to my home via covered transport. I chose to go pick it up for a refresher on the technology and such. Glad I did. They helped me sort out a problem with the app among other issues. I‘m still working from home, so it was an added treat to have the long drive.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had my car delivered since it was during the UK’s first lockdown. Honestly, so happy I did. Never had a car delivered before and when the guy opened the side of the truck, it’s a moment I’ll never forget. Dealer did a short video handover and said I could come back in for an in-person “master class” post lockdown, but never needed it. If you’ve been on this forum for long, you’ll already know far more about the car than any dealer.

OP
OP

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I ended up collecting the car from the dealer since my salesperson thought it would be better.
The car is awesome!