First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi guys,

I have a 2020 Taycan 4s. In the past 2.5 years of owning, my car had been in the shop for approximately 5-6 months.I would say every 3-6 months there would be an internal problem with the car and I would need to bring it back to Porsche to get it fix or part replaced. This would usually take anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

I previously owned a couple of Macans and never had any issues. I was very satisfied.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is anything I can do or what to say to Porsche and what kind of solution they may offer?
Sponsored

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Discuss it with your dealer? Maybe they can convince Porsche to do a buy back like lemon law states in the US?

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sounds like you were a beta tester. basically buying a 1st generation model AND 1 st gen EV from Porsche sets you up for problems. A long time ago, I was told never buy the first year of a new model. Maybe call Porsche, or dealer, express your concerns and ask how they can make you feel better. It would help if you had an idea of a solution, for example perhaps a rebate lff a new one ? or extend the warranty on your current one. good luck

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Hi guys,

I have a 2020 Taycan 4s. In the past 2.5 years of owning, my car had been in the shop for approximately 5-6 months.I would say every 3-6 months there would be an internal problem with the car and I would need to bring it back to Porsche to get it fix or part replaced. This would usually take anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

I previously owned a couple of Macans and never had any issues. I was very satisfied.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is anything I can do or what to say to Porsche and what kind of solution they may offer?
Yea had one of the earliest 4Ss and same experience. I just sold it for a profit and moved on. It’s fine they are probably better now but many 2020s were rough.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Do not take up the issue with your dealer. Call Porsche NA and open a case. Have your details of dates the car went in, how long to repair, did it go back for the same issue etc.

Your dealer will not handle any complaint/compensation for car being out of service. They are a repair and sales facility. You need to deal with corporate.

In the US we have lemon laws and that is a different thing than asking Porsche for compensation for having a brand new car that is in the shop for 6 months. The Lemon law requires the manufacturer to buy back the car at your purchase cost (less some amount for miles driven). DO NOT MENTION Lemon law, repurchase, replace when calling Porsche NA or they will immediately send you to that third part process. You want to open a case with a complaint and they will research and get back t you in a few days.

OP
OP
Wendal

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yea had one of the earliest 4Ss and same experience. I just sold it for a profit and moved on. It’s fine they are probably better now but many 2020s were rough.
I was on the edge of selling it too to replace it with a 992. However, I just saw the gas price sky rocket…. Now I’m stuck. Lol

diononiz

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cab. 2019 BMW X5 4.0i
Country flag
I was on the edge of selling it too to replace it with a 992. However, I just saw the gas price sky rocket…. Now I’m stuck. Lol

I traded my 2020 992 C2S Cab in for my Taycan turbo. PM me and I can run you through why it did it

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have a current problem that they have been unable to fix?

I don’t think PCNA is going to do much of anything about a general ‘my car’s been shitty’ complaint. Your best option is a lemon law claim, if you meet your State’s definition, or, better yet, just sell or trade the car. I wouldn’t expect that PCNA is just going to cut you a check for your troubles.