Coverage Plans..

J0EL

First Name
Y1ADB1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
I was offered a "silver package" plan that covers wheels and key fob replacement. $2,970.00 total
It turns out, there is a silver, gold and platinum package. I was only offered Silver
anyways,
I see it in my contract on page 2 0f 30.. silver plan, $2,970
I even have a separate envelope for my Silver plan.
but on a separate page of the contract (25 of 30) it says I paid $2,970.00 for a safeguard plan.
I specifically asked about this prior to signing. A tracking device sold to someone else for $1,000 called starguard and my salesman said he knew nothing of it.

Was everyone offered all these coverage plans???

Porsche Dent Protection-
A paintless dent repair process that repairs minor dents and dings that do not compromise the vehicle paint - only $12.36 monthly $680.00 total

Porsche Gap-
Pays the difference between your loan balance and your insurance settlement - only $15.35 monthly! $895.00 total

Porsche Key Protection -
In the event you key is lost, stolen or destroyed, a replacement key will be provided. only $5.09 monthly $280 total

Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan-
This prepaid service plan allows you to maintain and manage your factory recommended scheduled service- only $18.46 monthly $1,015.00 total

Porsche Road Hazard-
repairs or replaces tire and wheel due to damage from road hazards - only $38.91 monthly $2,140.00 total

I was not offered any of these.
Sponsored

Last edited:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Someone (the dealership’s comptroller, Porsche, etc.) probably requires verification that Finance makes the sales pitch for these add-ons. Your purchasing one or more of these, or your declination signature is that proof. The Finance person probably forgot to get you to sign it & “fixed” that for you. Given that the Finance Dept is one of the Dealership’s highest profit centers, it’s interesting that you weren’t given at least a cursory pitch on the add-ons.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was offered a "silver package" plan that covers wheels and key fob replacement. $2,970.00 total
It turns out, there is a silver, gold and platinum package. I was only offered Silver
anyways,
I see it in my contract on page 2 0f 30.. silver plan, $2,970
I even have a separate envelope for my Silver plan.
but on a separate page of the contract (25 of 30) it says I paid $2,970.00 for a safeguard plan!! WTF ??
I specifically asked about this prior to signing. A tracking device sold to someone else for $1,000 called starguard and my salesman said he knew nothing of it.

Was everyone offered all these coverage plans???

Porsche Dent Protection-
A paintless dent repair process that repairs minor dents and dings that do not compromise the vehicle paint - only $12.36 monthly $680.00 total

Porsche Gap-
Pays the difference between your loan balance and your insurance settlement - only $15.35 monthly! $895.00 total

Porsche Key Protection -
In the event you key is lost, stolen or destroyed, a replacement key will be provided. only $5.09 monthly $280 total

Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan-
This prepaid service plan allows you to maintain and manage your factory recommended scheduled service- only $18.46 monthly $1,015.00 total

Porsche Road Hazard-
repairs or replaces tire and wheel due to damage from road hazards - only $38.91 monthly $2,140.00 total

I was not offered any of these. In fact, in my PDF contract that was emailed to me, the one that I remember E-signing, "that" specific page (16 of 30) is signed in pen. But I did not sign it. Meaning the dealer forged my signature. Signing that I DECLINED all these coverages. Can anyone think of a reason why ??
I finally, 8 months after placing my order, picked up my car. The finance office did offer me the various protection plans you mentioned and I bit at two (albeit at significant discounts): the 100000 mile Platinum extended warranty and the 5 year scheduled maintenance plan. I declined the rest, especially the brake plan as they should last for at least 6 years assuming I drive normally and don't track the car, which I have no intention of doing.

Why you weren't offered these is odd in the extreme because these options are highly profitable. If you want some of those, I'd go back to the dealer and add them.

OP
OP
J0EL

J0EL

First Name
Y1ADB1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
I went back to the dealership and they fixed everything for me.
I was able to add whatever I wanted.
BTW..
Safeguard is NOT star-gard.
Its just how they named the Silver package on the contract.

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Macan, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I finally, 8 months after placing my order, picked up my car. The finance office did offer me the various protection plans you mentioned and I bit at two (albeit at significant discounts): the 100000 mile Platinum extended warranty and the 5 year scheduled maintenance plan. I declined the rest, especially the brake plan as they should last for at least 6 years assuming I drive normally and don't track the car, which I have no intention of doing.

Why you weren't offered these is odd in the extreme because these options are highly profitable. If you want some of those, I'd go back to the dealer and add them.
My 4S is scheduled to arrive on August 20. What should I expect to pay for the Platinum extended warranty? How do I obtain the "significant discounts?"

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
My 4S is scheduled to arrive on August 20. What should I expect to pay for the Platinum extended warranty? How do I obtain the "significant discounts?"
With regard to discounts, it's a matter of haggling and being willing to say no if the price isn't good enough. Given the roads where I live, and the cost of wheel replacement for a 21" Mission E Wheel, the one extra that I purchased was the tire and wheel plan.

IIRC, the closer wanted $2500+ for that plan and I refused at that price point. He made a counter offer which I also refused. Finally, he offered to sell me the plan at what he said was $50 over his cost. I don't know if that was true, but the offer was at least $600 under his starting point, which I thought was a fair price for what I was getting.

He obviously wanted to sell me the package and he still made at least a little money. OTOH, I was willing to walk away if the price wasn't right, which is key. It may also have helped that I am a multiple repeat buyer at this dealership. ;)
Sponsored