Are you cancelling due to Covid-19

• Total voters

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I put a deposit down in January 2019, but I was waiting to order so that I could test drive a 4S, but also waiting to see some of the color choices in person rather than just photos. I was planning on buying the Frozen Blue, as the car will be for my wife and she loves light blue, but sometimes light blues don't look good on all vehicles.....so maybe Mamba Green to be daring, or white or silver to be boring but beautiful and safe choice.

Now with the Coronavirius, Goldman Sachs has already predicted -6% downturn in the first quarter in GDP, -24% downturn in GDP in the second quarter.....rates only matched in the USA during the Great Depression of the 1930s. Of course lot of the drop is due to the forced or voluntary lockdowns and will bounce back as soon as the health crisis is over, but there will be catastrophic permanent economic damage will have been done. how much is the only question...

I am a commercial landlord with office buildings specializing to leasing to small businesses, mostly mom and pop start up business, so I am definitely going to wait this one out to see the full impact of the massive economic recession on my real estate business. I have to be prepared to collect only half the rental payments, or less! I also was planning on completely remodeling (completely gut and rebuild) our highrise condo and put that on hold as well. Sadly, I realize there will be millions and millions people will think the same about spending, which then produces a self-fulfilling prophecy of the economic downturn , just making it worse.

So yes, the worldwide coronavirus pandemic definitely made be put my purchase on indefinite hold
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Just been told UK dealers closing this week for a minimum period of 3 months .

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Told by who?

I've asked them to get my car in for this week----let's see :eek:

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag

My dealer principal says they have had nothing from Porsche GB to this effect. Seems to be just like those fake whatsapp messages :D

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
My dealer principal says they have had nothing from Porsche GB to this effect. Seems to be just like those fake whatsapp messages :D
Agree, definitely sounds like fake news. .... just like the messages on Facebook saying 5G has caused the virus! :facepalm:

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is very timely.

here’s an interesting question. Let’s say my car is delayed until 3rd or 4th quarter when they are rolling out a 2021
Version. What would that look like? These times truly are novel.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
We have no idea what things are going to be like a couple weeks from now, so making a decision about 3 months seems strange and unnecessary.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
For people who lease it's an uncertain development in time, especially if your own company is involved.
Better just buy, at least you have a back up... sort of.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
With the complete mess this world is currently in and with no sign of when things will get better I know a lot of people who are really apprehensive buying such expensive metal at this time. If you are still to take delivery are you contemplating cancelling your order at all?
YES- canceled last week more for the reason of late delivery for a 2020 car and will wait an order a 2021 when I am sure all "bugs" are fixed.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
YES- canceled last week more for the reason of late delivery for a 2020 car and will wait an order a 2021 when I am sure all "bugs" are fixed.
Received just now
Porsche Taycan Covid-19 - are you cancelling? 356E1F1B-AA7A-48C6-A344-0CBCA0AE0B48

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Fuck me I just got the same! Yikes - No idea when we will be getting our cars now. Apparently big announcement on the way from BJO tonight too here in the UK - time to fasten the seat belts I say...

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Fuck me I just got the same! Yikes - No idea when we will be getting our cars now. Apparently big announcement on the way from BJO tonight too here in the UK - time to fasten the seat belts I say...
Sorry to say — I told you so .
Hopefully the few Taycans now at UK Distribution will be delivered before full shutdown.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I don't think anyone will have deliveries in the UK now - not before May anyway

My dealer is closed as of 5.30pm today! (Hatfield is owned by Porsche GB not a sub dealer)

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
The email above is from Sytner which is not owned by Porsche GB. The email from Porsche GB states they are closed - no further information on deliveries on that email.
Sponsored