Rgee27

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8, Mamba 4 Cross Turismo on order
Country flag
Seems you said you got 5.5% discount. If you got $5,500 then your MSRP was $100K??
Actually, I was quoted a flat $5500 off msrp. My spec’d order was 109k. So it was 5%. If I kept my build lower , optioned , discount would be the same amount.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Actually, I was quoted a flat $5500 off msrp. My spec’d order was 109k. So it was 5%. If I kept my build lower , optioned , discount would be the same amount.
You must have built up a lot of equity with your dealership, I was grateful to just secure a build allocation for a TCT 4S at MSRP.

And to answer the original question, I ordered my TCT 4S thru Grapevine Porsche in TX and got an estimated 9/3 delivery date with my build slot.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I placed a deposit to get on the Taycan CT waitlist at my dealer (Porsche Bellevue, Bellevue WA, USA) in March and still haven't heard back about any allocations. Should I be nagging my salesman about this, or is it normal for there to not have been any new allocations since March (or, not enough new allocations to get me an allocation)?

At this point I've got deposits down on this, a Rivian R1S, and a Hyundai Ioniq 5, so I'm basically cross-shopping the three, but might go with whichever is available the earliest and refund the order two.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I placed a deposit to get on the Taycan CT waitlist at my dealer (Porsche Bellevue, Bellevue WA, USA) in March and still haven't heard back about any allocations. Should I be nagging my salesman about this, or is it normal for there to not have been any new allocations since March (or, not enough new allocations to get me an allocation)?

At this point I've got deposits down on this, a Rivian R1S, and a Hyundai Ioniq 5, so I'm basically cross-shopping the three, but might go with whichever is available the earliest and refund the order two.

You should definitely ask about allocations - your dealer should be able to search the National database to see what is available. I switched from a 4s to a 4 when I found out what I could or could not get so that I could get the car in October. As far as I know Porsche issues new allocations each month but often dealers only get 1 allocation per model and don’t get to choose so then they have to hunt around to swap between dealerships.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer was allocated 4 and those allocations were spoken for immediately. They expect to receive more allocations soon.
Did you dealership mean.

1. They are allocated only 4 vehicles for this year

2. They are only allocated the base CT4 and not the 4S for this year?

Everything I read states the CT4 & 4S trims will be built first and the Turbo/Turbo S will be scheduled for production later.

Which is usually the case for most of the Porsche model production schedules, top trim Turbo models always available later.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

1. Your dealership may not have any allocation slots yet

2. They have build allocation slots now but other customers have their deposit in before you and have taken those slots first

3. You were one of the first to put a deposit in but the dealership gave those slots to a more preferred customer and are jerking you around with lack of communication.

I had this exact problem with a local dealership and their lack of transparency on the matter forced me to go to a different dealership out of state who had a confirmed build slot open and I placed my deposit with immediate confirmation with a commission #.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
1. Your dealership may not have any allocation slots yet

2. They have build allocation slots now but other customers have their deposit in before you and have taken those slots first

3. You were one of the first to put a deposit in but the dealership gave those slots to a more preferred customer and are jerking you around with lack of communication.

I had this exact problem with a local dealership and their lack of transparency on the matter forced me to go to a different dealership out of state who had a confirmed build slot open and I placed my deposit with immediate confirmation with a commission #.
I'm guessing it's 1 and 2, but 3 is certainly possible as well. But honestly we might just go with a cheaper EV like R1S or Ioniq 5 since we just bought a Cayman and thus are quite satisfied on the "fun car" meter. but we'll see.. Mostly just wanted to get a read on what allocations are like lately
Sponsored