RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Called in today to finalise my own CT 4S in dolomite and seen this demonstrator they have in Crayon.
It looks fabulous.
The crayon looks beautiful in the showroom, anyone who has ordered should love it.
It looks even better in the flesh than I hoped - it really does look an amazing car.
Was told if ordering now it would be 2023! (Mine due Oct 2021)
The wheels look great with the red brake callipers - I’ve ordered these and am well pleased.
All in all I have to say this car is thing of beauty and I cannot wait to get my hands on mine! ??
Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche 755B68A8-30DC-48F9-B2B2-1F95A37F50CC
Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche A023B5C9-BD04-4F71-A057-1ADDF4804E12
Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche 3E176CFB-51D6-4D9F-AD22-1039F4505A70

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Great, need to go look at this, mines due November ish. Is the blue car now on demo?

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Called in today to finalise my own CT 4S in dolomite and seen this demonstrator they have in Crayon.
It looks fabulous.
The crayon looks beautiful in the showroom, anyone who has ordered should love it.
It looks even better in the flesh than I hoped - it really does look an amazing car.
Was told if ordering now it would be 2023! (Mine due Oct 2021)
The wheels look great with the red brake callipers - I’ve ordered these and am well pleased.
All in all I have to say this car is thing of beauty and I cannot wait to get my hands on mine! ??
755B68A8-30DC-48F9-B2B2-1F95A37F50CC.jpeg
A023B5C9-BD04-4F71-A057-1ADDF4804E12.jpeg
3E176CFB-51D6-4D9F-AD22-1039F4505A70.jpeg
Any more pics with more focus on the alloys?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Any more pics with more focus on the alloys?
Realize you are not asking for an opinion, but feel the need to chime in :)!

I had initially picked these wheels in the Configurator not fully realizing how little concavity was there but more significant for me was, up close at the dealership I was in, the 'filled-in' areas between silver spokes looked rather cheap/plastic in respect finish - of course a personal opinion!

The design, whist likely good for range, also tends to hide your discs and calipers so not sure I'd bother with colored calipers if I was getting these.

Was glad I saw them in person - I went instead for the Cross Turismo design wheels in high glass black - again an entirely personal perspective.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today at my local PC. 3 sold 2 in Stock. Nice to see severall for real and to see the rims. No Mamba green .
Wow - great set of pics for wheel comparo! Def. feeling good about my choice :) - also nice photos of Volcano Grey, one of the best to I've seen of the color in natural light albeit through windows (esp 2nd last pic).

The Configurator with scenic background is a poor rep. of this color vs using the empty or 'studio' background as attached for my config:

Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche rear no bckd

Last edited:
OP
OP

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag

I had initially picked these wheels in the Configurator not fully realizing how little concavity was there but more significant for me was, up close at the dealership I was in, the 'filled-in' areas between silver spokes looked rather cheap/plastic in respect finish - of course a personal opinion!

The design, whist likely good for range, also tends to hide your discs and calipers so not sure I'd bother with colored calipers if I was getting these.

Was glad I saw them in person - I went instead for the Cross Turismo design wheels in high glass black - again an entirely personal perspective.
Yeah, I was unsure on wheels, I went for what my Porsche rep advised. They are a very personal choice. ?

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Wow - great set of pics for wheel comparo! Def. feeling good about my choice :) - also nice photos of Volcano Grey, one of the best to I've seen of the color in natural light albeit through windows (esp 2nd last pic).

The Configurator with scenic background is a poor rep. of this color vs using the empty or 'studio' background as attached for my config:

rear no bckd.png
I will go back tomorrow and take some more pics. 2 volcano’s inside and 2 black 1 silver. Silver and 1 volcano are basic, only options colour, rims, camera back. pretty poor for these cars.
i’ll post some more tomorrow ?

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag

rear no bckd.png
So you see your rims in real , on a black ct

Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche 2896F8B1-80E2-48FE-A297-654ACCE9FB49

Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche DF37E2B1-2546-49E5-885F-A063366F973D

Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche 66BE38AA-5EE9-4C13-94F6-D6DB17030A79

Porsche Taycan CT 4S Crayon Nottingham Porsche C75AB10F-CEEA-4FD7-82ED-89940E3264F1

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag

Thank you for the feedback.

I was set on these to try and save the cost of upgrading to the CT wheels. They look OK in photos, but I have the same concerns as you have described.

However having seen @Yorkshirepuds CT in Crayon, I feel like I have no choice but to get the CT wheels. They looks spectacular IMO. I will sacrifice some range and ride comfort to get them. I'll also likely specify the insulated glazing to remediate any excessive tyre roar.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
The 21 CT wheels are phenomenal In person! I ordered my CT with them in satin black after seeing the various CT wheel options in person. As noted above, some of the wheels were more “wheel covers” and had less of an open spoke feel which I did not fully appreciate in the configurator. If you can ask your dealer to go in the back room and see if they have the wheels in stock, then you can see it in person.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the feedback.

I was set on these to try and save the cost of upgrading to the CT wheels. They look OK in photos, but I have the same concerns as you have described.

However having seen @Yorkshirepuds CT in Crayon, I feel like I have no choice but to get the CT wheels. They looks spectacular IMO. I will sacrifice some range and ride comfort to get them. I'll also likely specify the insulated glazing to remediate any excessive tyre roar.
Suspect you’ll be very happy with that choice - I got the thermal/noise insulating glass also but not so much for tire noise :)!!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Test drove a Neptune Blue 4S CT today with off-road pack, black rails, black inlays.

No difference to my T4S, did not like the blue or the design pack. Gloss black inlays are the way to go.

Car had HUD - I would not spec plus it added another rattle / creak to the car.

21" rims were more forgiving than I'd expected and the upgraded brakes were notable.

lmmo

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x Tesla Model 3, VW Golf
Country flag
A85D8D24-F467-4F37-A6BB-442CCBB1AF85.jpeg

Today at my local PC. 3 sold 2 in Stock. Nice to see severall for real and to see the rims. No Mamba green .

The CT looks incredible in Volcano Grey!