Dashcam Installer

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
I know Dashcams have been discussed a lot. I’m hoping someone that lives in the DMV has an installer recommendation.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know Dashcams have been discussed a lot. I’m hoping someone that lives in the DMV has an installer recommendation.
GlasWerks DMV does all kinds of Porsche mods and is owned by a member of this forum, @Adrian@GlasWerksDMV. I haven't had them install my dashcam yet (rear camera is on backorder), but his shop installed my soft-close door mechanisms and did the PPF and custom wheels and other mods.

OP
OP
TLC

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
GlasWerks DMV does all kinds of Porsche mods and is owned by a member of this forum, @Adrian@GlasWerksDMV. I haven't had them install my dashcam yet (rear camera is on backorder), but his shop installed my soft-close door mechanisms and did the PPF and custom wheels and other mods.
Thanks @Genau They installed my PPF; I will contact them. Which dashcam did you decide to go with. I leaning toward the Fixcamx.

Last edited:

Scallywag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My Taycan was keyed a few days after receipt. Broke my heart. Anyway, I researched dashcams that could provide a 360-degree view even when parked. I didn't find any good solution (most had a zillion wires to be hidden, huge - and hugely expensive - battery packs, and obscured vantage points).

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks @Genau They installed my PPF; I will contact them. Which dashcam did you decide to go with. I leaning toward the Fixcamx.
Fitcamx is probably a good choice, based on the discussions in other threads on this forum. You can point at me and laugh, but I funded a Kickstarter for Dride 4k about two years ago. I feel like I’m getting my money’s worth just from following the technical and business experiences of the founders, who I’ve grown to respect in a certain way. They shipped the front camera last year, but I haven’t even unboxed it because it has so many significant issues still being addressed in frequent firmware updates. The rear camera is reportedly nearly ready for mass production. Meanwhile, Dride’s competitors are releasing dashcams that appear to be even better than the “leapfrog” product Dride announced two years ago. One reason I have hope for Dride is that they have widely recognized expertise in dashcam software (distinct from issues being addressed in firmware), and software is arguably more problematic than hardware when developing new products. In other words, I’m betting that Dride will get the hardware right before their competitors get their software right.
Sponsored