OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Oh @OzzieT I noticed you have an M850i Coupe. We had the Gran Coupe for 2 years. Just never really fell in love with it and ended up selling it for a new S450. How are you going with yours?

BTW I've also now heard that Taycan production may actually be suspended for a few months...

I've got my Neptune Blue GTS, but I'm seriously hoping I get an allocation for my Crayon GTS before anything happens.
@Mr. Mercedes very interesting we are on parallel paths. I've read your post on the potential extended production pause on the Taycan - and this on top of your price rise news - you're killing me mate :) !

The m850 coupe is the ultimate big brute of cruiser, typified by a recent trip to the Hunter Valley. The car is designed and made for these sort of trips. But that is not my typical driving experience which is centred more around short commutes to work and visiting friends around Sydney. So I came to the conclusion we needed to part ways and given the growing lead times for new cars, that I needed to order in early 2022 to have a new vehicle in early 2023.

So this took me on a voyage of discovery. Since I've owned a lot of Bmers I though about going much smaller. I toyed with the Z4 (toy being the operative word), had a brief affair with the m240 and then given my driving patterns, decided I should explore EV's. Once I started to do this, the Taycan came up pretty quickly as the likely option.

I watched a lot of Taycan review videos, joined this forum and then got an introduction to my local Porsche dealer from a close friend who is a lifelong Porsche owner. They generously facilitated an 8 minute test drive and I was hooked. I was struck by the feeling of getting back into my m850 after the test drive, which I would equate to getting into a HQ holden from the 1980's. The Taycan is next generation. It was then a weekend on the configurator and I signed for a new GTS a couple of days later.

So I'm in the queue with you, albeit you are ahead of me I would think by 20-25 orders. The Porsche dealer did say there might be a GTS arriving in May, which might be available, but in looking at the colour, interior spec and options I decided I would rather wait and get what I really wanted.

The earth moves slowly, but the ox is patient.
Sponsored

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
@Mr. Mercedes very interesting we are on parallel paths. I've read your post on the potential extended production pause on the Taycan - and this on top of your price rise news - you're killing me mate :) ! On the plus side, our resales should be great!

The m850 coupe is the ultimate big brute of cruiser, typified by a recent trip to the Hunter Valley. The car is designed and made for these sort of trips. But that is not my typical driving experience which is centred more around short commutes to work and visiting friends around Sydney. So I came to the conclusion we needed to part ways and given the growing lead times for new cars, that I needed to order in early 2022 to have a new vehicle in early 2023. You are right, it was a great companion on our trips down to Northern NSW, but as a daily driver it didn't delivery the nimble thrills I expected of a BMW. I think the GC is just too large. I wonder if you coupe drove substantially differently. I also started having concerns about the long term reliability of the BMW V8 from the high oil consumption, advice from people I know and some forum gossip.

So this took me on a voyage of discovery. Since I've owned a lot of Bmers I though about going much smaller. I toyed with the Z4 (toy being the operative word), had a brief affair with the m240 and then given my driving patterns, decided I should explore EV's. Once I started to do this, the Taycan came up pretty quickly as the likely option.

I watched a lot of Taycan review videos, joined this forum and then got an introduction to my local Porsche dealer from a close friend who is a lifelong Porsche owner. They generously facilitated an 8 minute test drive and I was hooked. I was struck by the feeling of getting back into my m850 after the test drive, which I would equate to getting into a HQ holden from the 1980's. The Taycan is next generation. It was then a weekend on the configurator and I signed for a new GTS a couple of days later.

Going to be interesting to follow your journey that's for sure! 2 weeks into my GTS ownership and I think I'm still a novice.

So I'm in the queue with you, albeit you are ahead of me I would think by 20-25 orders. The Porsche dealer did say there might be a GTS arriving in May, which might be available, but in looking at the colour, interior spec and options I decided I would rather wait and get what I really wanted.

To clarify I bought a dealer allocated Neptune Blue GTS and have a Crayon GTS on order. I ordered the Crayon one in late January and am still waiting on a build. I bought the Neptune Blue one in February and am very glad I did. It's not my ideal spec, but now that I have it I really don't think there's much wrong with it.

If the Crayon order blows out, I may just cancel it and put my name down for a 911.

The earth moves slowly, but the ox is patient. Indeed! It was 12 months from my initial order in April 2021.

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Latest info I have received. GTS price up 2.1% which I expect to be $5-6K extra. July builds onwards will become 2023 model year. Build allocations out to September have been received which will allow for 2022 delivery. Allocation based on order date and model. I’m hoping, but think there might be too many in queue ahead of me for a 2022 delivery.

Akinos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS GLE350D
Country flag
My TYD app just notified me today that the vehicle has been produced. So I am on phase 3 now.

Deposit on 25 Nov 2021
Order created on 6 Jan 2022
Freeze on 22 Mar 2022
Produced on 29 Jun 2022

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My TYD app just notified me today that the vehicle has been produced. So I am on phase 3 now.

Deposit on 25 Nov 2021
Order created on 6 Jan 2022
Freeze on 22 Mar 2022
Produced on 29 Jun 2022
Fantastic. Good to hear there is movement for Australian buyers. So are you expecting early September delivery? I'm a March order and outside of the general dealer communication on orders it is radio silence on mine.

Akinos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS GLE350D
Country flag
Fantastic. Good to hear there is movement for Australian buyers. So are you expecting early September delivery? I'm a March order and outside of the general dealer communication on orders it is radio silence on mine.
Yea, according to my SC, should be around September. All the best with your order BTW!

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Latest update I have is October build allocations done, only a few for the entire country. No build allocations yet beyond October. Doubt I will see any action until 2023.

Electroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, Honda S2000
Country flag
Hooray! I have a build spot for my 4SCT for October, estimated delivery before Christmas (THIS year). Getting excited.

Akinos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS GLE350D
Country flag
Latest update for my order:
27 Jul On ship - Germany Bremerhaven
29 Jul - UK Southampton
7 Aug - US Dundalk
10 Aug - US Jacksonville
14 Aug - Jamaica Kingston
6 Sept - NZ Auckland
ETA 14 Sept - Australia Port Kembla
:clap:

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well its radio silence from my dealer. Months have passed with no updates on my order - I try not to hassle them - but some communication would be good. @Akinos has your car been delivered? If so, need some photos and an exciting review mate to keep me going…

Akinos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS GLE350D
Country flag
Well its radio silence from my dealer. Months have passed with no updates on my order - I try not to hassle them - but some communication would be good. @Akinos has your car been delivered? If so, need some photos and an exciting review mate to keep me going…
The delivery will be on this Saturday morning.
Sure, will share some photos before sending it to get PPF.

BTW, do you want me to ask my SA about the recent production status?

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The delivery will be on this Saturday morning.
Sure, will share some photos before sending it to get PPF.

BTW, do you want me to ask my SA about the recent production status?
Exciting! In time for the weekend. Thanks for offer, I will contact them.
Sponsored