Are you getting your deposit refunded?

• Total voters

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
How many people cancelling their deposit and how many still will order a taycan?
Sponsored

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
originally thought that the car would start at 80-100K maybe 120K at most with options. When the revel happened I was in @ 150 -180K
now to see its starting @ 150K (maybe 125 for base) and it not even getting 280 Miles per charge.? simply dumb. how could they do this.

Ideally i want a car that will travel from san francisco to Los angeles without stopping for more then a piss break.
i guess we will just wit for a roadster 2
Damn you porsche, you may have just lost a customer you never had.

they should of bought tesla when they had a chance. now they will have to play catch up for the next 10 years min.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I’m in Japan for shopping ( and of course eating) and have just considered this refund as my spending money.
So, so yeah. Refund for me.
No worries though- I’m sure I’ll find a car I like.

Porsche Taycan Deposit refund? BA1334D5-7D29-4B48-86F0-CF690BA2AABF

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Not sure yet. To be honest a very difficult decision. Probably will wait for the 4S specs which is from what I heard announced in 1 month. Deposit/reservation can be used for that also.

Although I might order the Turbo before that as well. Currently I have no idea. I could afford it the issue is I want value for my money. Not quite sure if it is there. With that price point there are many alternatives and there will be a lot of EV alternatives in the coming years.

Well, next week I'm in Frankfurt checking out the car. After that I'll decide if I'll move the decision to 4S reveal (likely, unless I somehow decide I have to get the Turbo).

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
originally thought that the car would start at 80-100K maybe 120K at most with options. When the revel happened I was in @ 150 -180K
now to see its starting @ 150K (maybe 125 for base) and it not even getting 280 Miles per charge.? simply dumb. how could they do this.

Ideally i want a car that will travel from san francisco to Los angeles without stopping for more then a piss break.
i guess we will just wit for a roadster 2
Damn you porsche, you may have just lost a customer you never had.

they should of bought tesla when they had a chance. now they will have to play catch up for the next 10 years min.
Drive you polluting Vespa to LA.....lol

The Turbo S and the Turbo are priced exactly in the same price range as the similarity sized ICE Panamera Turbo and Turbo S, so I expect the base model and the 4S to be prices as the base model Panamera and Panamera 4S

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Base price for the 4S in Finland was already revealed and it's 115k€ here. With options I'm looking at 140-145k€. That's fine but I need to see the specs. Those have not been revealed but the word is it's only 1 month away.

OP
OP
Rotordude

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
R
Base price for the 4S in Finland was already revealed and it's 115k€ here. With options I'm looking at 140-145k€. That's fine but I need to see the specs. Those have not been revealed but the word is it's only 1 month away.
revealed officially....on Porsche Finland website? Yeah, lets see specs!

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
R

revealed officially....on Porsche Finland website? Yeah, lets see specs!
This was told to everyone in the Porsche livestream events at local dealerships. Not at the website, but I have no reason to doubt it. It makes sense. But doesn't really help a lot before we see specs.

Edit: 115k€ mentioned also in their recent newsletters. So not just told at the events.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
This was told to everyone in the Porsche livestream events at local dealerships. Not at the website, but I have no reason to doubt it. It makes sense. But doesn't really help a lot before we see specs.

Edit: 115k€ mentioned also in their recent newsletters. So not just told at the events.
The price for 4S was revealed in a newsletter to reservation holders in Norway:
More model variants of Taycan will be launched shortly. The model variant referred to as the Porsche Taycan 4S (name not confirmed by Porsche AG), with a starting price of approx. NOK 900 000 is among other things scheduled for release in Q4 2019. We will keep you updated on this and other future model variants of Porsche Taycan.

Do I need to do something?

If the top models Taycan Turbo & Turbo S are not for you and you want to wait for future model variants, you do not need to do anything at this time.

Do I keep my priority assignment?

Yes, you will keep your reservation and priority allocation for future model variants even if you do not do anything at this time.

What happens next?

You will receive more information about other model variants by the end of October via email and SMS. Until then, you don't have to do anything. When new model variants are launched, you will be invited for consultation hours and contract signing when your assigned production quota is available.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It was said Porsche had over 40.000 reservations and was planning to build 20.000 a year.
Looking at the voting, it's sold out the first year, lol!

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
It was said Porsche had over 40.000 reservations and was planning to build 20.000 a year.
Looking at the voting, it's sold out the first year, lol!
The question is, how many of the deposits are translating to sales? As manufacturing is ramping up slowly, my totally uneducated guess is that you will have 12,000 sold in China, 10,000 sold in Europe and 8000 sold in the USA by October 2020, and 10,000 refunds or waiting deposits....so 30,000 in first year

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My uneducated guess is, without quoting numbers, the Taycan will make profit soon.
Tesla? Hmm, not so much anytime soon...

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
predict Taycan with the very tall pricing will also make a profit sooner rather than later...….. judging by the interest in the sales showroom at the Frankfurt fair..... Think really Tesla is not making a profit because they are re-investing every penny and more in ramping up their total capacity and seize as quickly as possible... so no you're right not anytime soon but because they need to grow quickly to make a difference and survive..... :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
My uneducated guess is, without quoting numbers, the Taycan will make profit soon.
Tesla? Hmm, not so much anytime soon...
They said profit in 2023.
Sponsored