JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Does the 'Sport Chrono Package' include the 'Porsche Electric Sport Sound' option?
I was under the impression that it does?
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Does the 'Sport Chrono Package' include the 'Porsche Electric Sport Sound' option?
I was under the impression that it does?
No. That's a separate option.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I think the sound is off in sport mode and on in sports plus. I tend to use either range mode or sports plus ( either eco or full fat mode)
I thought sound was on in both modes, sport plus sounds louder but probably isn’t, it is probably just that car going faster quicker and the sound keeping up with the motor spin.. kinda hard to explain, but sport plus is definitely fun on back roads, music off!

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I thought sound was on in both modes, sport plus sounds louder but probably isn’t, it is probably just that car going faster quicker and the sound keeping up with the motor spin.. kinda hard to explain, but sport plus is definitely fun on back roads, music off!
You can turn the sound on or off in all the modes but by default it is off in Sport Mode (
unless you have previously switched it on prior to switching to Sport Mode) & on in Sport Plus mode.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm configuring my Taycan Turbo (PL97V3I4) but so far I've left off Sport Chrono. In my mind at least, I've no desire to change driving modes as I drive along, plus I think the clock on the dash is just plain ugly. I figure the most I'm likely to ever want to do is Launch Control just to scare a passenger out of their wits the first time I take them out in the car, but my understanding is I can press the Sport button on the display menu to activate this. After the first couple of times I'd see the novelty wearing off quite quickly. Possibly more useful is Range mode - I'm not sure if there's a workaround for that without Sport Chrono.

I don't want to be a cheapskate (especially on a Turbo) but I'm sure you're all aware that option costs can very quickly escalate if you're not too careful. Since I'm already pushing myself to a Turbo over a 4S (since the standard equipment is that much better) I'd rather not spec stuff I don't have to.

So tell me - am I an idiot if I don't add Sport Chrono to my build? Please convince me that it's more than a go-faster button with a nasty clock on the dash!
I would get everything in the Performance Package but that ugly clock (if I had to do it all over again). I did not get the Performance Package.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
As gogs says. Definately spec it. Same here change modes several times each drive. It’s worth it just for the drive mode selector on the wheel and the different modes are very useable compared to Chrono on some other Porsche models I have experienced.
We live on a hill and also have friends with steep driveways - the Sports Chrono steering wheel drive mode knob makes it easy to quickly select Normal mode for higher clearance. Have not determined if the Lift button always goes to the maximum height regardless of drive mode.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Driving a Turbo, the launch between Sport and Sport Plus you can definitely tell the difference! It's definitely enough to justify Sport Chrono

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Besides the great reason @Dee mentioned I have a couple others.
I did order it for a couple reasons:
  1. Dial on steering wheel to ease mode changes.
  2. Sport+ mode conditions the battery incase you are charging soon and cannot navigate to a DCFC due to some nav issues.
  3. Individual mode allow custom settings for Electronic Sport Sound and height and suspension settings so basically you can make a normal mode that has the sports sound.
I understand the concern for the clock, and thought I am new to owning a Porsche, I appreciate their heritage shown by the clock.

Dr.G

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s on order
Country flag
If the clock was recessed like in other models it wouldn’t be so intrusive/ ugly.
maybe it can be removed and kept as an ornament:CWL:

Dr.G

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s on order
Country flag
If the clock was recessed like in other models it wouldn’t be so intrusive/ ugly.
maybe it can be removed and kept as an ornament:CWL:

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
We live on a hill and also have friends with steep driveways - the Sports Chrono steering wheel drive mode knob makes it easy to quickly select Normal mode for higher clearance.
I have used the sport setting on my Audi to change to a more aggressive gear shift when driving uphill. I knew I needed easy access to mode change, so the button made the sport chrono a very easy option for me.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Without sport chrono is there not the option for range or sport plus mode? Is this correct or is it just hidden in the menus but still available?
You basically have all 4 modes without the Sport Chrono package.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...but I hardly ever (if ever) see a car without Sport Chrono among (European) enthousiasts.
Seems like most people order the Sport Chrono. But if you use this car for daily driving, I don't see the point.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If you do not have the SC:

1. Press the Sport button on the lower center screen.
2. Select Chassis on the center screen and put it into its lowest setting.
3. Switch on the Electronic Sport Sound.
4. Mute the music.

Enjoy the back roads without the SC. ;)
Sponsored