Does Porsche ever really consider customer feedback?

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I am confident they listen to all feedback fully! In fact, I am sure they heard my complaints about the damn center storage bin cover not f'ing staying up and are working on a fix actively. I will just wait here by my phone for a call from Porsche to let me know a fix is on the way. I am sure I won't need to wait long. ..waiting...waiting....waiting.....waiting....... 😴
Sponsored

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
If they listen to the feedback, it could be great if in the next upgrade they make the car on the PCM matching the color/wheels of the actual car that you got.

TBH it's a detail but for me it's part of the "fit and and finish' in 2022 and it would take 10 min to code...

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
TBH it's a detail but for me it's part of the "fit and and finish' in 2022 and it would take 10 min to code...
Porsche would need to create a reliable way of telling the car its colour. There are existing API's that do return this information for vehicles added to a My Porsche account – but this account can be used in any Taycan so isn't reliable indicator of the current car you are in.

Additionally the car might be in privacy mode or have network connectivity issues and not be able to retrieve the info. Or the car might no longer be subscribed to Porsche Connect (after the first three years are up).

So its likely you'll need a way to inject in the car external colour at the factory.

Then if the car is a bright colour – the contrasting text over it – will need to be dark. However, if the car is a dark colour – like volcano grey – then any contrasting text will need to be light.

When working on superimposing the external colour on the car over camera images – there will be other complexities – depending on the image brightness and environmental conditions that will need to be handled.

Implementing this feature is likely to add 10's if not 100's of additional conditional logic (branches) in the codebase – all of which will require unit testing.

I'd like this feature too – but its not 10 minutes of code in as complex an ecosystem as the Porsche Taycan and associated services.

https://www.intercom.com/blog/there-are-no-small-changes/

Last edited:

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
I was a bit harsh about the 10 min i admit ;)

However it's not that hard to implement as there's lots of cars that has it for years and cost a lot less.

It's not a big deal but part of porsche experience is that they have always paid attention to little details to make the car great.

For sure this is a detail, but it looks cheap (unless your Taycan is white :CWL:)

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche would need to create a reliable way of telling the car its colour. There are existing API's that do return this information for vehicles added to a My Porsche account – but this account can be used in any Taycan so isn't reliable indicator of the current car you are in.
I guess they could just let the owner change the colour on the PCM? That way those of us who didn’t have the cojones to pick Frozen Berry could live out our fantasy :rock:

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
If i remember correct, this one is part of the latest uPdate.
Surely if they listened properly we wouldn’t be having this thread ??? I’m always tempted to ask them to pay me to be test driving the car as in effect we are acting as Guinea pigs for them whilst they try and sort everything out.
Still a great car to drive though and wouldn’t swap it.

Reactions: B61

Deleted member 7736

If i remember correct, this one is part of the latest uPdate.
No, the latest uPdate remembers recuperation settings when you switch from one driving mode to another, but does not save recuperation settings to either the driving modes or driver profiles. In other words, if I'm in Normal mode and I set recuperation to auto, then switch to Sport mode, recuperation will remain in auto. However, next time I get in the car recuperation in Normal mode will be off (default setting).
Sponsored

Reactions: B61