Which one?

• Total voters

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
And what’s the reason you picked dolomite?
I have a Volcano Gray Macan GTS, which I love. And the color suits that car particularly well, even when it is dirty. I've seen 4 Volcano Gray Taycans. Two in the wild and two in showrooms. I was underwhelmed with them in the wild; a dirty Volcano does not suit the Taycan IMO. And I've seen 3 Silvers. It has looked fantastic in all light conditions, incl. when dirty. Seems like a more dynamic paint color. And, for this car, I decided to live in the contrasts - black details and accents popping off of the silver. And to embrace what I saw as a more futuristic / modern look based on how silver sits on the car. Not sure if that is coherent. It's still early here and I desperately need a cup of coffee.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I have a Volcano Gray Macan GTS, which I love. And the color suits that car particularly well, even when it is dirty. I've seen 4 Volcano Gray Taycans. Two in the wild and two in showrooms. I was underwhelmed with them in the wild; a dirty Volcano does not suit the Taycan IMO. And I've seen 3 Silvers. It has looked fantastic in all light conditions, incl. when dirty. Seems like a more dynamic paint color. And, for this car, I decided to live in the contrasts - black details and accents popping off of the silver. And to embrace what I saw as a more futuristic / modern look based on how silver sits on the car. Not sure if that is coherent. It's still early here and I desperately need a cup of coffee.
Interesting theory. I agree volcano taycan doesn't look well when dirty, and most of the time it's dirty. But when just cleaned it looks stunning and I always had black or dark grey cars...

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
Interesting theory. I agree volcano taycan doesn't look well when dirty, and most of the time it's dirty. But when just cleaned it looks stunning and I always had black or dark grey cars...
Me too. This is my first silver car. I had one black car and every other one has been dark grey for the past two decades.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have gone away from monochrome for my car but my last 3 cars were silver, pearl white and dark grey metallic.

The dark grey looks by far the best when clean but the silver hardly showed dirt at all.
So IMO dark grey (Volcano) if you are a person who keeps the car clean all the time, silver if you want the pressure to wash often to be off...
I ordered Mamba Green this time ;)

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
Ok now I'm a bit frustrated! Decided to go with dolomite silver, but the garage told me that it's not possible anymore to cancel the order (stock model)! :(
Sponsored