Emergency Call function error

gasman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
My car is 300 miles old and I just got the SOS message: Emergency call function error. Service required. The light next to the SOS button is red. A trip to the dealer will turn into an all day affair. Any advice?
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Probably turn it off, wait 15 minutes for things to reset and then see if there's still an error.

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
Probably turn it off, wait 15 minutes for things to reset and then see if there's still an error.
I got the error but not red rated, while on freeway. It went away within minutes.

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error BriefError9.8.20

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
If the problem still returns, then you can go to the garage to they can see in the logs whats causing this. For now you can ignore this.

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I've had this for a few days now and will try to stop by the dealer tomorrow. Will report back

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had this for a few days now and will try to stop by the dealer tomorrow. Will report back
I can’t get an appointment with my dealer about this same issue until November 4. Also, even though my car recognizes my phone (I can make and receive calls), I no longer am able to hear callers and callers can’t hear me - unless I bypass the car and use the phone’s speaker. I think the two issues stem from the same problem...

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I can’t get an appointment with my dealer about this same issue until November 4. Also, even though my car recognizes my phone (I can make and receive calls), I no longer am able to hear callers and callers can’t hear me - unless I bypass the car and use the phone’s speaker. I think the two issues stem from the same problem...
I was at the dealer today and they cleared the error. 2.5 hours later...I did not get details from the SA who only said that if it happened again they would need to start a ticket with corporate. I hope you get more info.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was at the dealer today and they cleared the error. 2.5 hours later...I did not get details from the SA who only said that if it happened again they would need to start a ticket with corporate. I hope you get more info.
My issue cleared itself after three or four days - and that cleared up the phone issue, too. The dealer still wants me to bring the car in tomorrow so they can hook it up to the computer to see what caused the malfunction. I’ll report on what they tell me.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
My issue cleared itself after three or four days - and that cleared up the phone issue, too. The dealer still wants me to bring the car in tomorrow so they can hook it up to the computer to see what caused the malfunction. I’ll report on what they tell me.
So far, have had only minor issues, but have started manually turning off the car and then locking it with the remote when it is in our garage. And take the keys away from the garage. Errors should clear and local Porsche service manager encourages the practice.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an all-purpose electronic module referred to as a "Communications Module" that may be the culprit. Mine is being replaced after I saw similar symptoms. First the Emergency Call function failed as you noted. Then I lost Bluetooth capability even though my phone was connected to the PCM. Finally, I lost the Voice Assistant. Ultimately, my dealer determined, in concert with PCNA Field Tech reps, that the Communications Module needed to be replaced. If it comes to that for your car, you can be expecting an extended period of time where your Taycan is in the shop as many of these modules and other key parts have to be sent from Germany (there are very limited supplies of Taycan parts in the US Parts Depots apparently).

I hope to get my car back this week following replacement of this Communications Module as well as the eSound amplifier and my PCM screen unit (the bigger unit that includes the Passenger Screen option).

Toby

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an all-purpose electronic module referred to as a "Communications Module" that may be the culprit. Mine is being replaced after I saw similar symptoms. First the Emergency Call function failed as you noted. Then I lost Bluetooth capability even though my phone was connected to the PCM. Finally, I lost the Voice Assistant. Ultimately, my dealer determined, in concert with PCNA Field Tech reps, that the Communications Module needed to be replaced. If it comes to that for your car, you can be expecting an extended period of time where your Taycan is in the shop as many of these modules and other key parts have to be sent from Germany (there are very limited supplies of Taycan parts in the US Parts Depots apparently).

I hope to get my car back this week following replacement of this Communications Module as well as the eSound amplifier and my PCM screen unit (the bigger unit that includes the Passenger Screen option).

Toby
Took my car to dealer yesterday to check out the error message. Nothing showed up when they connected the car to their computer. Got clear lenses installed. Looking better!

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Took my car to dealer yesterday to check out the error message. Nothing showed up when they connected the car to their computer. Got clear lenses installed. Looking better!
Hi,
I’ve had the same problem since October. My car has been back to the dealership 3 times so far. It has happened again today and I’m getting extremely frustrated. I think they said they they changed the wiring the last two times but haven’t changed the communications box. Did this work for you?

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,
I’ve had the same problem since October. My car has been back to the dealership 3 times so far. It has happened again today and I’m getting extremely frustrated. I think they said they they changed the wiring the last two times but haven’t changed the communications box. Did this work for you?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,
My issue hasn’t recurred again. Toby Pennycuff (see post above) had his Communications Module replaced and that solved the problem. Share that information with your dealer. And have them reach out to Porsche for help.

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My issue hasn’t recurred again. Toby Pennycuff (see post above) had his Communications Module replaced and that solved the problem. Share that information with your dealer. And have them reach out to Porsche for help.
Thanks. I’ll show this to them. Hopefully it will work ?
Sponsored