Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an all-purpose electronic module referred to as a "Communications Module" that may be the culprit. Mine is being replaced after I saw similar symptoms. First the Emergency Call function failed as you noted. Then I lost Bluetooth capability even though my phone was connected to the PCM. Finally, I lost the Voice Assistant. Ultimately, my dealer determined, in concert with PCNA Field Tech reps, that the Communications Module needed to be replaced. If it comes to that for your car, you can be expecting an extended period of time where your Taycan is in the shop as many of these modules and other key parts have to be sent from Germany (there are very limited supplies of Taycan parts in the US Parts Depots apparently).

I hope to get my car back this week following replacement of this Communications Module as well as the eSound amplifier and my PCM screen unit (the bigger unit that includes the Passenger Screen option).

Toby
Hi,
I noticed your post and I’ve had the same problem as you recurring. This is the 3rd time it has happened and it’s been in and out of the dealership. The first time two times they said they have noticed an issue with the wiring so repaired that but they did mention replacing the communications box as a possible fix prior to that. I was wondering did this sort the issue out for you? I’m going to contact them tomorrow to suggest this but wanted to see if this worked for you. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
Thanks. I’ll show this to them. Hopefully it will work ?
I would make the assumption that the dealer only does a Ctrl+Alt+Delete type reset and any recurring issue needs to be escalated to a regional tech expert. Few at the dealer level have significant experience with these cars.

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would make the assumption that the dealer only does a Ctrl+Alt+Delete type reset and any recurring issue needs to be escalated to a regional tech expert. Few at the dealer level have significant experience with these cars.
Thanks Christian, I think you are right. It’s getting extremely frustrating not getting to the bottom of this.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
@Christian J and @Dhar18 : How did this end up for you? My car started returning the "Emergency SOS Error" above every time I started the car. The dealer ordered a "part" (which took a week or so) and is installing now. I can report back to this thread what it ended up being for me when they bring back my car (hopefully today).

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thankfully since my last visit to dealership the problem has not reappeared. At first I was told they would change the communications box but when I went to collect the vehicle, I was informed the communication wiring had been replaced and not the box. The very next day, the same issue occurred. I then returned the car immediately to the main dealer. After another 3/4 days without my car, I was advised the fault had been fixed. This time, the second wire connecting the communications box had been replaced. Apparently only once both wires have been replaced will they then attempt to change the communications box. Very frustrating issue and I am not sure Porsche have a definitive answer to the problem yet ?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has been in the shop for a day now, they tell me that they replaced the box, but they cannot get it to provision. It's cold now, and I don't have snow tires, so I wouldn't be driving the car anyway. More to come.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@KensingtonPark
Had this as my first error message ever a few days ago after 3 months of ownership. Hope this is not the beginning of other issues mentioned on the forum. It has not repeated since the other day.
Keep us updated on your findings.
Thank you in advance.

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error 05ADFB8D-9DCB-437B-9EDF-7C5C4D2050CB

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error A1D909E1-87B0-4766-A9DA-81168F80C8DA

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@KensingtonPark
Had this as my first error message ever a few days ago after 3 months of ownership. Hope this is not the beginning of other issues mentioned on the forum. It has not repeated since the other day.
Keep us updated on your findings.
Thank you in advance.

05ADFB8D-9DCB-437B-9EDF-7C5C4D2050CB.jpeg
This is exactly the error message that I received. I probably could have ignored it for a year, but it seemed like a good time of year to have the car in the shop. They also noticed that my rear screen thermostat controls were not working. Nobody sits back there, so easy for me not to notice....

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update:
The Porsche dealer has not been able to get the OTA module to provision. Apparently, the Emergency SOS relies on the OTA module, so the fix is to replace it. Car has been in the shop for three days now, and I won't see it until next week.

Unlike some of the people who reported this error:
  1. My error message was consistent. I received the error at every startup. Some of the people reported only seeing the message occasionally. That could mean that their OTA module is beginning to fail but has not totally failed like mine, or it could mean nothing.
  2. The light next to my SOS button was red. This is unlike the picture shown by @REIL, above, which was green.
More to come...

Last edited:

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Interestingly I too received this exact error a couple of days ago.

The red light is on next to the call button, the error shows every time I turn on the car and I cannot use the voice commands or phone. It appears there is no sound recognition or sound output when the phone is connected on a call.

I have booked it into dealer on the 8th Feb for this and a number of other issues.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update:
To prepare @exav8tor and others who need to have this work done: my car went in for this rather innocuous error last Wednesday. The dealer was able to install the new module (which apparently involves removing seats and dismantling part of the dashboard); the new module keeps failing in its provisioning (i.e., it will not communicate and allow the car to associate itself with the new module). It has been a week now, and it seems like it will be there for many more days. I have another car, it's not been ideal driving conditions, and I barely go anywhere. So I suppose it's not so terrible, but you should be prepared just in case.

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Update:
To prepare @exav8tor and others who need to have this work done: my car went in for this rather innocuous error last Wednesday. The dealer was able to install the new module (which apparently involves removing seats and dismantling part of the dashboard); the new module keeps failing in its provisioning (i.e., it will not communicate and allow the car to associate itself with the new module). It has been a week now, and it seems like it will be there for many more days. I have another car, it's not been ideal driving conditions, and I barely go anywhere. So I suppose it's not so terrible, but you should be prepared just in case.
Thanks so much for the update, I think ;) and sorry to hear it is a bit of a nightmare.

Funny thing, I briefly went out in the car tonight and the issue is no longer happening. The message is not showing, the light by the SOS button is now green and the voice control, phone connection is working fine. I hadn't used the car for a few days but it was certainly still showing the problem on Sunday - when I washed it - could it be it doesn't like being dirty!

The things I noted tonight were that the outside temperature has increased with it being about 7C where as over the last week it had been around 0-2C. The other thing is that the PCM screen when started was not showing the calendar & weather icons, they did however appear after switching off and back on.

I wonder if there could of been some update pushed out? but am not certain what to check. The "Update" button says all is up to date but it was showing that on Sunday also.

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I spoke too soon! The SOS emergency call function error message has reappeared and again can’t use my phone! It’s booked in to go back to the dealership this week to investigate! This is the 5th time! Anyone had any luck getting to the bottom of this problem?
I’ve also had a message saying “speed limit display limited” and my navigation isn’t working. See photos.

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error 1A1B4B18-0B02-49F1-AF5E-7BC0AE374EB5

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error 2100A181-EBDB-4C8B-8893-2879B11C4C6B

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error 0F7E6ACF-062F-4E08-AD33-BDD4271A66E6

Porsche Taycan Emergency Call function error B82CDB51-B855-476E-A5A7-BE1237A6BF5B

Dhar18

First Name
Dharminy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had the same error message and it’s been booked back in for the 5th time in 6 months! I’ve had a few other error messages too. See my post below. What other messages are you getting? My car is booked in for 11th feb. Keep me posted if you can. Thanks.

Interestingly I too received this exact error a couple of days ago.

The red light is on next to the call button, the error shows every time I turn on the car and I cannot use the voice commands or phone. It appears there is no sound recognition or sound output when the phone is connected on a call.

I have booked it into dealer on the 8th Feb for this and a number of other issues.
Sponsored