Extracting VIN from TYD (and also from My Porsche)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My TYD just reported production complete for my car today. So I decided to dig through some of the web metadata. While I did not find production photos as per this thread yet. I decided to see what else I can find. Turns out, my TYD page contains what I believe is my car's VIN number. So I figured I would share here, in case this is helpful to anyone.

The procedure is similar to getting your production photo, but this information is on Track Your Dream page, not the main Porsche status page. Basically:
  1. Go to your TYD (Track Your Dream URL starting with: https://trackyourdream.porsche.com/)
  2. Open inspect tab (press F12 on Chrome)
  3. Open Network tab
  4. Reload TYD page (press F5 on most browsers)
  5. Sort the resulting table by Name (click on Name column)
  6. At the very bottom of alphanumerically sorted Names, you should see a VIN number (starts with WP0) - it will appear a whole bunch of times, under some of the entries there is addition information, such as your V status (they call it "vehicleStat", mine is V300 right now), detailed options of the car, and yes under one of them there is a property called "vin" which matches the Name of the top level property 👍
I ran the VIN number though a generic VIN decoder and it decodes to be the correct model year and trim of Taycan, so almost certain that this is in fact my VIN number.

A quick favor to ask from anyone who has a confirmed VIN but still waiting for delivery: Can you check if the VIN number showing up in TYD metadata matches the VIN number their dealer confirmed?

Also, can anyone with car scheduled for production (not yet started) see a VIN in TYD yet? (unfortunately I haven't done this metadata exploration before TYD reported production complete, so don't know when the VIN started showing up).

EDIT: The following day I noticed the VIN number also showed up as metadata on the main "My Porsche" tracking page, even though the status still said "Your vehicle is now scheduled for production".
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I’m not in any way a computer expert so I may not have done it correctly. I’m also on a Mac so your steps don’t correlate, however, I found the web inspector in Safari which led me a Network table that was sortable as you describe. No WP0 name available and my car is currently scheduled for production on 1/27.

familyhauler

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (ordered)
Country flag
A quick favor to ask from anyone who has a confirmed VIN but still waiting for delivery: Can you check if the VIN number showing up in TYD metadata matches the VIN number their dealer confirmed?
For the first question, yes the VIN that showed up in TYD matches the VIN of the vehicle that should be delivered (mine's at the dealer right now).

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the VIN number showed up TYD one day ahead of when it showed up on the My Porsche status page (also in webpage metadata). I know TYD is only available in USA, but My Porsche should be available worldwide. I presume VIN showing up means the car has been produced.

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the VIN number showed up TYD one day ahead of when it showed up on the My Porsche status page (also in webpage metadata). I know TYD is only available in USA, but My Porsche should be available worldwide. I presume VIN showing up means the car has been produced.
On the desktop, the VIN showed up right in the 'discover' page (see attached). A VIN means the car has entered production, i.e. it's frozen in every respect - the drivetrain, the interior, glass etc. are all paired with a specific shell/body. I had been hunting for status and photos since before it entered production; the VIN showed up on TYD a few days after start, but well before it finished. (10/24 begin, 10/28 VIN on TYD, 11/09 completion.)

Porsche Taycan Extracting VIN from TYD (and also from My Porsche) vin-partial

I suspect the dealers' tracking system is connected directly to the production data store, and TYD is updated eventually/lazily. I've no reason to suspect the actual VIN will differ.

Also, it's been a long wait for you, @whitex but eventually you got your car completed, on your terms ;). Probably not much longer from here.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the desktop, the VIN showed up right in the 'discover' page (see attached). A VIN means the car has entered production, i.e. it's frozen in every respect - the drivetrain, the interior, glass etc. are all paired with a specific shell/body. I had been hunting for status and photos since before it entered production; the VIN showed up on TYD a few days after start, but well before it finished. (10/24 begin, 10/28 VIN on TYD, 11/09 completion.)

vin-partial.png

I suspect the dealers' tracking system is connected directly to the production data store, and TYD is updated eventually/lazily. I've no reason to suspect the actual VIN will differ.
Yep, the VIN number, same as I discovered before in the metadata, has in fact just showed up in my MyPorsche Overview as you showed above. So the conclusion is, the VIN number which showed up earlier in the hidden metadata was in fact he correct VIN number.
Porsche Taycan Extracting VIN from TYD (and also from My Porsche) 1672134597039

Also, it's been a long wait for you, @whitex but eventually you got your car completed, on your terms ;). Probably not much longer from here.
It has been a long wait. I'm kind of excited, even managed to extract 3 production photos on which even the VIN appears to match, so pretty sure that is my car. My excitement is a little reserved though, as the car still has to cross the pond and hopefully the delivery and shipping back to Washington will go smooth. I am considering whether I want to drive it home from the east coast in February.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I have just found this on another post and maybe I shouldn't have followed the advice, my managed expectations just became far less managed. I found status = PRODUCED and a VIN number. This seems to be relatiovely positive news... Maybe tomorrow the home page status will change ...
Sponsored