EZ Pass functionality with Insulated Glass Option

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
Curious if anyone has experience with how well the EZ Pass toll booths and gantries are able to read the EZ Pass transponders through the insulated glass optioned on the Taycan.

Thanks
Sponsored

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Curious if anyone has experience with how well the EZ Pass toll booths and gantries are able to read the EZ Pass transponders through the insulated glass optioned on the Taycan.

Thanks
The insulated glass will interfere with transponders though you can place in the dedicated non-insulted space near the rearview mirror. I passed on the insulated glass specifically due to concerns about this, though my issue was more about radar detector functionality. FWIW, the cabin with the base glass is incredibly quiet IMO and I've never had an issue with either noise or temperature.

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
I did not read the manual in it’s entirety. Living in the state of Florida we have a similar transponder called Sunpass. When I placed it on a random location in the windshield, I started getting letters in the mail about toll violations.

I have since placed the transponder in the designated area on both sides of the rearview mirror (black dotted glass) and has not received anything in the last few weeks

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Agree - Sunpass transponder works fine with insulated glass provided its placed in the designated area directly adjacent to the rearview mirror.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Just to make sure, you have placed yours in the dotted black area directly beside the mirror and not beside the dotted area itself ? I am to install mine in fact in Canada for a similar purpose ?? Thanks in advance
Sponsored