Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Returning home this morning on I71 I took the usual lefthand sweeping uphill offramp that I could take in my Panamera GTS comfortably at 80mph. I took it at 90 and realized I could have comfortably gone 5-10mph quicker. The long sweeping left-hander merges into three lanes and a shorter right hand curve that merges onto 6 lanes of 275, and I move to the the RHL since I get off at the next exit. Just as I begin the right hander, what do I notice in front of me, but a Ferrari 488 Spyder. Of course, I eased into the right hand lane, and cruised by him in the turn at a comfortable speed. Of course, as soon as I passed him, he gunned it as we exited the turn and just as his nose passed my driver door I stomped the go pedal. Two seconds later, he was really small in my rear view mirror...

I was shocked - it was like he wasn't even trying. I can't imagine what he was thinking...:rock::p
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I love the sound of a great exhaust in my rear view mirror…

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I can't imagine what he was thinking...
Sorry to be a party pooper but he was probably thinking why does everyone think they’re racing me.

I traded in my Ferrari for my Taycan but lettuce be real tea: a 488 Spider is half a second faster from 90 - 128 mph so if he was actually trying (and downshifted) this would never have happened given he was supposedly already on boost in your story.

Last edited:

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to be a party pooper but he was probably thinking why does everyone think they’re racing me.

I traded in my Ferrari for my Taycan but lettuce be real tea: a 488 Spider is half a second faster from 90 - 128 mph so if he was actually trying (and downshifted) this would never have happened given he was supposedly already on boost in your story.
Booo...Ferrari thread is calling!

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Returning home this morning on I71 I took the usual lefthand sweeping uphill offramp that I could take in my Panamera GTS comfortably at 80mph. I took it at 90 and realized I could have comfortably gone 5-10mph quicker. The long sweeping left-hander merges into three lanes and a shorter right hand curve that merges onto 6 lanes of 275, and I move to the the RHL since I get off at the next exit. Just as I begin the right hander, what do I notice in front of me, but a Ferrari 488 Spyder. Of course, I eased into the right hand lane, and cruised by him in the turn at a comfortable speed. Of course, as soon as I passed him, he gunned it as we exited the turn and just as his nose passed my driver door I stomped the go pedal. Two seconds later, he was really small in my rear view mirror...

I was shocked - it was like he wasn't even trying. I can't imagine what he was thinking...:rock::p
Guy in the Ferrari: Oh cool, a taycan, let me get a closer look.

You: RACE

OP
OP
Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Guy in the Ferrari: Oh cool, a taycan, let me get a closer look.

You: RACE
No, he definitely wanted a view from his rvm and I was doing about 60 around the right hander. And yes, IF he's a reasonably good driver in the right gear with all the right settings (not making a comment about Ferrari owners driving skill...), and a fully tuned car (not making a comment about Ferrari reliability/consistency...), then I would have heard a very cool exhaust note. There was probably an element of shock involved...o_O

Last edited:

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Conceivable why you smoked him. No doubt 488 has considerable power, but its threshold around curves, with a non-F-1 driver, may not match a four-wheel-drive Taycan, especially when equipped with rear-axle steering.
Sponsored