xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
ACC - I would skip 10,000% - too many failings due to the state of our roads and signage.
What does roads and signs have to do with active cruise control? that just uses radar to gauge the distance between you and the car in front of you and slows you down as you approach the car, a feature standard on most Kias and Hyundais.

You're thinking of ALK/Innodrive, which is lane-centering "autosteer," which i didn't spec on mine either. IT can be added via FOD later if you change your mind, as long as you have ACC equipped.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I listen to Burmester every day and get pleasure from the clarity of sound everyday. Buy the options that you will appreciate the most!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What does roads and signs have to do with active cruise control? that just uses radar to gauge the distance between you and the car in front of you and slows you down as you approach the car, a feature standard on most Kias and Hyundais.

You're thinking of ALK/Innodrive, which is lane-centering "autosteer," which i didn't spec on mine either. IT can be added via FOD later if you change your mind, as long as you have ACC equipped.
Sorry, ACC + Innodrive uses mapping data + road speed signs (camera) + distance between you can car in front (ACC in isolation).

The complete system can get confused when the road signs (or mapping data have the wrong speed), through road works and so on. Sudden and unexpected braking is a real outcome. Can also control the car to a complete stop, tightens seat belts as a warning and so on.

ALK provides a degree of auto steering.

Same camera issues with the basic speed limiter - I have mine permanently off.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
well, in my country:

1677162668044.png

lane keep assist then again is standard, which I don't get
That's because the EU made lane keeping mandatory for new vehicles

Under new EU vehicle safety rules, all new car and van models must be equipped with emergency lane keeping systems (ELKS) from July 2022, and existing models from July 2024. The system helps drivers stay safely within their lane or the road boundary, to avoid accidents.

Porsche is just following rules. That's why they're making the basic lane keep assist as standard and the centering one (that supposedly doesn't bounce left and right) as a paid option (same as with lane change assist)