For enthusiasts not too tired of looking at someone else's build….

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
So my freeze date is in a few days and after a lot of content consumption on this site, here is my build (US model):

Taycan RWD w/model designation deleted
Neptune Blue
Window trim in high gloss black
Chalk leather interior
Performance Plus Battery
20 inch turbo aero wheels
Colored Porsche crest center of wheel and on headrests
Onboard charger
Premium package
ACC and LCA
Air suspension and rear wheel steering
Massage seats!

I wanted the PEC but am told with the backup in orders it would take at least 6 weeks from delivery to the US in order to get me in there. I also felt the Technology Package (with heads up display and passenger monitor) offered toys I didn't necessarily need or want as much as rear wheel steering and other features that affect the driving experience.

My goal was to get close to $100k after a 2% discount they offered and the $7500 tax credit. This gets me very close. After delivery I'll do window tint and clear side markers.

What do ya think???
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
So my freeze date is in a few days and after a lot of content consumption on this site, here is my build (US model):

Neptune Blue
Chalk leather interior
Performance Plus Battery
Onboard charger
Premium package
ACC and LCA
Massage seats!

I wanted the PEC but am told with the backup in orders it would take at least 6 weeks from delivery to the US in order to get me in there. I also felt the Technology Package (with heads up display and passenger monitor) offered toys I didn't necessarily need or want as much as rear wheel steering and other features that affect the driving experience.

My goal was to get close to $100k after a 2% discount they offered and the $7500 tax credit. This gets me very close. After delivery I'll do window tint and clear side markers.

What do ya think???
Love it! Neptune and chalk is beautiful, I’ve seen one in person! You aren’t missing anything I’d consider a must have. Im partial to mission
E’s, but that’s just a personal touch! Also im an audiophile so swallowed hard and ponied up for Burmeister… well done! Can’t imagine you not being over the moon with it!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Looks good. ?

But what is “on board charger”? Is this either the 150kW 400VDC or 19.2 kW AC charger?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks good. ?

appreciate that!

But what is “on board charger”? Is this either the 150kW 400VDC or 19.2 kW AC charger?
150kw 400dc

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love it! Neptune and chalk is beautiful, I’ve seen one in person! You aren’t missing anything I’d consider a must have. Im partial to mission
E’s, but that’s just a personal touch! Also im an audiophile so swallowed hard and ponied up for Burmeister… well done! Can’t imagine you not being over the moon with it!
“music is my life” but $ is in limited supply!

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Is PEC really that backed up? I opted for PECLA and locked in freeze date a week or two ago for delivery 1/14/22, but I hadn't heard that PEC would add this much time in addition? Does anyone have any info on this also? Please say it ain't so! ?

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
“music is my life” but $ is in limited supply!
Absolutely understood! It’s ridiculously pricey. Was not going to go there initially…and then…surprise! …I got carried away with my build..and well, looks like the kid won’t be going to college ;)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Absolutely understood! It’s ridiculously pricey. Was not going to go there initially…and then…surprise! …I got carried away with my build..and well, looks like the kid won’t be going to college ;)
Hope this isn't a rude question but how good is it?

I have been an audiophile for over 50 years and my main stereo cost more than the Taycan but I mainly listen to classical music and almost all of that has too big a dynamic range to enjoy in any car system I have heard so far - the quiet bits get lost in background noise and the loud bits are beyond any system's capacity to play properly I have heard yet.

Normally I just end up listening to a compressed-for-radio classical music channel, which is not bad in the car (but absolutely appallingly bad on the home system) rather than my own music files.
I would be concerned to pay much extra for Classic FM only listening...

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hope this isn't a rude question but how good is it?

I have been an audiophile for over 50 years and my main stereo cost more than the Taycan but I mainly listen to classical music and almost all of that has too big a dynamic range to enjoy in any car system I have heard so far - the quiet bits get lost in background noise and the loud bits are beyond any system's capacity to play properly I have heard yet.

Normally I just end up listening to a compressed-for-radio classical music channel, which is not bad in the car (but absolutely appallingly bad on the home system) rather than my own music files.
I would be concerned to pay much extra for Classic FM only listening...
Don’t have it yet. It won’t be on the level you’re discussing when including home stereos, of course …particularly for classical :) …given the limitation of the car setting, as you brought up.
However, the car does end up being where I get to listen to the music I enjoy most often (and have a feeling I’ll be taking extra joy rides in my Taycan)…and so, I’m willing to try and get the best I can. I’m hoping the car being electric will at least improve the experience a little. Definitely understand where you’re coming from. Also…congrats on your home stereo, it must be such a joy to experience!
…here’s to music!

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag

Neptune Blue
Chalk leather interior
Performance Plus Battery
Onboard charger
Premium package
ACC and LCA
Massage seats!

What do ya think???
Very nice ?

Not sure what else is in Tech package but I found the heads up display annoying. Think you did well to swerve it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Don’t have it yet. It won’t be on the level you’re discussing when including home stereos, of course …particularly for classical :) …given the limitation of the car setting, as you brought up.
However, the car does end up being where I get to listen to the music I enjoy most often (and have a feeling I’ll be taking extra joy rides in my Taycan)…and so, I’m willing to try and get the best I can. I’m hoping the car being electric will at least improve the experience a little. Definitely understand where you’re coming from. Also…congrats on your home stereo, it must be such a joy to experience!
…here’s to music!
I listen to music a lot, I spend far more time listening than driving so always felt the HiFi was much better value than any car!
Now I have retired the ratio is probably even more in favour of home listening!
I am now wondering if the standard system will be good enough for me!

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Is PEC really that backed up? I opted for PECLA and locked in freeze date a week or two ago for delivery 1/14/22, but I hadn't heard that PEC would add this much time in addition? Does anyone have any info on this also? Please say it ain't so! ?
I ordered my CT with PECLA and have a delivery date on 1/7 and then when the order locked I received an email stating that the PECLA would be at the end of the month or the beginning of February.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told they were only doing the PEC deliveries in LA two days per week. And with all the cars coming in…anyway if it’s Important to you, it’s free to wait. One of the few things that are free when it comes to Porsche!

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I listen to music a lot, I spend far more time listening than driving so always felt the HiFi was much better value than any car!
Now I have retired the ratio is probably even more in favour of home listening!
I am now wondering if the standard system will be good enough for me!
I have the Burmester and it’s totally true that the nature of the listening environment won’t ever be optimal. However, it is a very good implementation and certainly a notch above any system I’ve had in cars before (Bose, HK, B and O and Burmester in a different manufacturer’s car). It is, for a car system, very good indeed. Personally I’m very pleased with it. Also, personally, I’d had Bose before and didn’t care for it at all.

It’s a very personal taste thing, I think.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the Burmester and it’s totally true that the nature of the listening environment won’t ever be optimal. However, it is a very good implementation and certainly a notch above any system I’ve had in cars before (Bose, HK, B and O and Burmester in a different manufacturer’s car). It is, for a car system, very good indeed. Personally I’m very pleased with it. Also, personally, I’d had Bose before and didn’t care for it at all.

It’s a very personal taste thing, I think.
I think if I could play the volume at any level I wanted, I might spring for it. However while I like rock, Motown, alternative, classical etc nobody in my family does, so what's the point of spending a lot on a system that I can't use to the fullest. Anyway I am jealous of those that are not living under those restrictions!
Sponsored