Ronnie

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sports Turismo
Country flag
I am taking delivery of my Used Taycan GTS which was a Porsche Head office car next week, but was wondering if the free charging is transferred to the new owner and do i get the same privileges as if i bought the car new excluding time difference.
Sponsored

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes it transfers. It’s attached to the vin of the car. Once you register the car with your my Porsche account it will all flow over. You get the remaining time balance from when the car was purchased new.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
and do i get the same privileges as if i bought the car new
In the UK?

Owners of new cars don’t get any *free* charging, but 3 years of membership to the Porsche Charging Service which gives discounted rates at Ionity and other fast and slow charging providers. Buying one used you should get the balance of the membership term on PCS.

I would frankly be amazed if you get ANY free charging on your Taycan going forward, unless there was a clerical error of some sort - as the car was Porsches rather than joe public. Even so they’d retrospectively bill you in any case once they’d discovered the error.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronnie

Ronnie

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sports Turismo
Country flag
In the UK?

new owners don’t get any free charging but 3 years of membership to the Porsche Charging Service which gives discounted rates at Ionity and other fast and slow charging providers.

I would frankly be amazed if you free charging on your Taycan going forward, unless there was a clerical error of some sort. Then they’d probably retrospectively bill you in any case.
I thought I read somewhere it was free but maybe that was a USA video review I watched. As long as the discounted ionity card is transferable that is good as I will have two years usage.

jahall333

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Volcano Grey.
Country flag
Charging at Porsche UK dealerships on their fast chargers, is free, yes..? I'm no being charged...

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Expensive at dealer chargers too. Don’t get caught out by the per-minute charge on top of the electricity charge!

jahall333

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Volcano Grey.
Country flag
You will be. At the end of the month 😎
I'm looking at my Porsche Charging Service in the app.. and as this is my first month, I haven't been actually billed yet, so not paid yet.. but the Ionity top ups appear under 'Transactions', yet the Porsche Dealership top ups don't appear at all - giving me the impression that I will pay for the total of the Ionity top ups, and won't pay for the Porsche Dealership top ups because they don't appear under Transactions...???

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm looking at my Porsche Charging Service in the app.. and as this is my first month, I haven't been actually billed yet, so not paid yet.. but the Ionity top ups appear under 'Transactions', yet the Porsche Dealership top ups don't appear at all - giving me the impression that I will pay for the total of the Ionity top ups, and won't pay for the Porsche Dealership top ups because they don't appear under Transactions...???
If you used your physical Porsche charge card (or if you have registered your car for the Plug & Charge), then you will likely get an invoice...

However if you charged using the slow chargers or someone from the dealership enabled the fast charger manually (by tapping in their own card), then you would not be charged.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Given it's your first month on the scheme, it may take a little time for all transactions to reconcile. Theres still a few weeks before the next invoice is generated and issued - typically they go out on 2nd of the month for the previous month's charging transactions.

If you did manage to get a freebie or two from Porsche, well done! but don't make a habit of it 🙈😂

Zakirp

First Name
Zakir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Free charging at Porsche Dealers is a thing of the past, I tried charging mine a few days ago, it would not accept the Porsche card, when I asked they informed me it was too expensive, hence they have put a stop to it, it is only for the cars owned by the dealership. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Free charging at Porsche Dealers is a thing of the past, I tried charging mine a few days ago, it would not accept the Porsche card, when I asked they informed me it was too expensive, hence they have put a stop to it, it is only for the cars owned by the dealership. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I don't think it's all dealers. Though I've heard some have stopped use of their 350KW units as they were being absused by all and sundry.

Can you confirm what dealers have told you this?
Sponsored