MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Out of the blue, those icons are gone missing in the media menu….

any clue?
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Out of the blue, those icons are gone missing in the media menu….

any clue?
Weird - maybe try the two-finger reboot of PCM to see if that brings them back?

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
In my '21 Taycan 4CT this occasionally happens. I've found that if you just give it time to re establish the LTE connection it should eventually come back. But basically -any- internet (data) based service needs to start up and connect. Until that happens, they don't show up in the media fields. About 50% of the time I get back in my car, even if I was streaming Apple Music, it won't pick up where it left off, and takes 30-60 seconds before the icon re appears. And then I have to re-select my playlist etc. But the other 50% of the time (prob less than that TBH) it does ok.

AS suggested above, a reboot with the two finger salute (LOL) might help-- but normally this is jsut the car reconnecting to the services/servers and leaving it alone and giving it time while turned on to get back in line works just fine. GL!

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my '21 Taycan 4CT this occasionally happens. I've found that if you just give it time to re establish the LTE connection it should eventually come back. But basically -any- internet (data) based service needs to start up and connect. Until that happens, they don't show up in the media fields. About 50% of the time I get back in my car, even if I was streaming Apple Music, it won't pick up where it left off, and takes 30-60 seconds before the icon re appears. And then I have to re-select my playlist etc. But the other 50% of the time (prob less than that TBH) it does ok.

AS suggested above, a reboot with the two finger salute (LOL) might help-- but normally this is jsut the car reconnecting to the services/servers and leaving it alone and giving it time while turned on to get back in line works just fine. GL!
I have deleted the link and ré-established the links to all those services with still no luck.
I give it plenty of time to show up and still won’t appear at end’s drive…..
Not even their greyed out version.

completely gone

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have deleted the link and ré-established the links to all those services with still no luck.
I give it plenty of time to show up and still won’t appear at end’s drive…..
Not even their greyed out version.
completely gone
Only other thing to maybe try that I -think- (dont hold me to this) I had read/seen was someone logging out of their MyPorsche account on the car and back in. That somehow re-sync some of the services. And since those online services are established in connection with your Porsche Connect login, that may work? Again grasping at straws here. So sorry to hear about your issues; hope you can get it figured out :)

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Only other thing to maybe try that I -think- (dont hold me to this) I had read/seen was someone logging out of their MyPorsche account on the car and back in. That somehow re-sync some of the services. And since those online services are established in connection with your Porsche Connect login, that may work? Again grasping at straws here. So sorry to hear about your issues; hope you can get it figured out :)
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!
But also tried to log off and back on…
Deleted my user’s account and reinstalled….

but then escalated to Porsche ….

we’ll see!

PatGren

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I have the same issue
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!
But also tried to log off and back on…
Deleted my user’s account and reinstalled….

but then escalated to Porsche ….

we’ll see!
Has it been fixed ? And do you know what they did, I have the same issue since the last update, and I have tried all of the above suggestions. Porsche dealer has not been successful (on the phone). I need to take the car in….

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was in contact with Porsche Cars North America customer service but they have not been back. So I will contact my Porsche dealer tomorrow so they can look into it.

Also I am now unable to preheat or send timers via the app…..

If Inset a timer in the car, it does work though….
Go figure……
Sponsored