Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Not a paid option. Most people who had an allocation for a custom build get them, though they may be hard to find. Search this forum on where they show up now (the location has been changing).
Maybe I should investigate the process again…
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Does everyone ordering a new Porsche get to watch it go through the production line in this way or do you have to pay extra?
Unfortunately it's country dependant. UK does seem to have access to a subdue version of it (compared to the USA TYD).

Some South European countries don't get anything at all... Except a price markup in delivery... Because of "distance".

Kinda sad the cameras at the factory only take pics of cars destinated to selected countries. Kills half the buzz IMHO.

OP
OP
chrisnn

chrisnn

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS 2023 . Mercedes AMG c63s AMG CLA45
Country flag
i waited 10 month for this car , getting it back today from detailer

- car pro diamond nano and finest reserve will post soon

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
You could almost read the VIN number (for me it was clear enough to tell that it looks consistent with the VIN characters I got).
yes, i zoomed in on that first thing and it is my number indeed. it's very blurry but fairly confident it is. very cool.

Last edited:

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats!!!

your car is almost the same as my GTS except your one will see more sunshine!

IDdoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Got these today, amazing to see it actually happening in 'real time'... anyone catch the part number on that heater? :D

Taycan_GTS_Taycan_assembly_installation_read_window.jpg
Taycan_GTS_Taycan_assembly_installation_roof.jpg

Taycan_GTS_Taycan_assembly_installation_windshield.jpg

Taycan_GTS_Taycan_assembly_wedding.jpg
Does everyone ordering a new Porsche get to watch it go through the production line in this way or do you have to pay extra?
The pictures just appeared on my TYD page towards the bottom. They showed up few days after starting production

AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan GTS, ‘24 911 GT3 (992.1)
Country flag
Interesting that production photos are country-dependent. I found my photos somewhat by accident when I opened “Discover Current Phase” once I was notified that production had started. At first I found two or three photos of my car along with two or three of the stock photos. I could tell which ones were “real“ because I could download them by clicking on the image. Also, there was information about the photo like the photo date that correlated with my production dates, and information about the camera used, settings, etc.

A few days later all five appeared with captions that described the process at each step. Even though I took delivery at the L.A. Porsche Experience Center about three weeks ago*, I haven’t deleted TYD yet, and I see that photos of my car are still live and downloadable at “”Discover current phase“, which now says “Your Porsche has arrived at your Porsche dealer” On my iPad and iPhone, they are downloadable using a share icon.

I never saw production photos of our ‘21 911 Turbo S. I might not have known where to look.

*Yes. I will post photos. The car (’23 Taycan GTS Sedan) is totally A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Coming from a Cayenne e-hybrid, my wife and I were sold on charging at home, the performance, and economy compared to CA gas prices, but the immersion into the Taycan’s performance has been terrific.