Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
Hi, I'm new to Taycan. I am trying to find out when does the rear spoiler on the Taycan GTS deploy? Can it be raised and retracted by some control, other that the "wash" position?
Sponsored

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine is not GTS but i was thinking on posting here as i only get my spoiler to be very active on the opening is driving either sport plus, or indivual ( for me is sport plus accel, sport susp, lowest chassis height, auto regen, sport sound on)

i have same but sport accel and the spoiler was not as active as now.

i wonder the diff speeds where it gets active based on driving modes.
Normal i was 80+ and nothing happened, moved it to my individual and even about 60 on the highway it was opening it.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
From the US website (in true P fashion, information on this doesn't seem available in the manual or the good-to-know addendum):

Porsche Active Aerodynamics.
Especially for dynamic driving, the Taycan and Taycan GTS Sport Turismo feature Porsche Active Aerodynamics with controllable cool air intakes. With the Taycan, the system also has an adaptive rear spoiler that extends in three stages in accordance with the driving situation: at 55 mph, 100 mph, and 124 mph. The final stage (Performance) provides excellent driving stability and optimum dynamic potential.

If you search 'spoiler' on the following link you should find this paragraph.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/taycan/taycan-models/taycan-gts/#performance~open

PS: Oh, and, no, it cannot be controlled manually aside from the cleaning position settable in the PCM:

Porsche Taycan GTS Rear Spoiler deployment? 1685886482657

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
Mine is not GTS but i was thinking on posting here as i only get my spoiler to be very active on the opening is driving either sport plus, or indivual ( for me is sport plus accel, sport susp, lowest chassis height, auto regen, sport sound on)

i have same but sport accel and the spoiler was not as active as now.

i wonder the diff speeds where it gets active based on driving modes.
Normal i was 80+ and nothing happened, moved it to my individual and even about 60 on the highway it was opening it.
Thank you for the reply.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
On our MY22 GTS I was not aware that there were 3 settings for the rear spoiler. I will have to follow it one day and watch.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well you learn something new every day on this forum. I had no idea my (soon to be delivered) GTS has a rear spoiler. I will need to take it to a track day to get the spoiler fully extended given our road laws.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well you learn something new every day on this forum. I had no idea my (soon to be delivered) GTS has a rear spoiler. I will need to take it to a track day to get the spoiler fully extended given our road laws.
All Taycan saloons have an active boot spoiler and pattern of operation is the same irrespective of model variant.
Sponsored