Heating controls

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
I was on the motorway the other day (in my old car, the Taycan is still on order) and noticed that I was frequently changing the heating controls, it was easy to do whilst driving as I had physical buttons to press however I remembered that the Taycan has touchscreen buttons. Has anyone found this difficult to use whilst driving or is it something that you get used to very quickly?
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I was on the motorway the other day (in my old car, the Taycan is still on order) and noticed that I was frequently changing the heating controls, it was easy to do whilst driving as I had physical buttons to press however I remembered that the Taycan has touchscreen buttons. Has anyone found this difficult to use whilst driving or is it something that you get used to very quickly?
“Hey Porsche, make it warmer/cooler in here”. No need for any buttons I tried it on my test drives and it works just fine...

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
“Hey Porsche, make it warmer/cooler in here”. No need for any buttons I tried it on my test drives and it works just fine...
It is also extremely easy to touch one of the temperature controls on the center console. - easier than most buttons or knobs.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
By the way, you don’t even need to press the button. You can just swipe in the up or down direction you want and it will change the temp.

Although that is fun, I use the voice control most of the time.

Easy, peasy.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Oh that's great! And as for the voice control, I thought Wmras was joking at first till I realised that the car actually had voice control! Haha. What would you say if you wanted the heating to change positions i.e change from directing the heat from our legs to directing the heat on our windscreen? Is that possible .
Sponsored