Help in Configuring a Taycan 4S

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer told me there is no sun screen on the pano roof, FYI, if you live in a sunny climate you might want the tinted glass. Maybe Porsche’s way of selling that, I can’t believe they would not put a sunscreen on this car.
This is incorrect. There is no screen for the roof, but the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass option does not affect the panoramic roof at all:

"The Taycan will come with a brand new glass roof for the Turbo and Turbo S. There is no crossmember between the B pillar to divide the roof, there is no roller sun screen. Instead the roof has 100% UV protection thanks to 7 layers of materials in the glass."
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer told me there is no sun screen on the pano roof, FYI, if you live in a sunny climate you might want the tinted glass. Maybe Porsche’s way of selling that, I can’t believe they would not put a sunscreen on this car.
I have read that the Pano roof is always tinted so no worries there and the "Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass" opt=ion does not affect it.
Also that the side glass is always Thermally Insulated so the real advantage of the "Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass" is the double pane door glass. I am really thinking of dropping this option unless I hear some other comments.
To me the rear wheel steering is a must (as the new Porsches are huge and shortening the turning radius at slow speed and lengthening at high speed us a great thing I hear on so many reviews of the Taycan and also the new 911's.
Also the Sport Chrono Package is a must to get Sport+ and the Customization setting too. Gives Battery Temp prep mode to provide absolute optimal power, should you "need it" ;-)
I'm still on the fence for PTV+ and PDCC Sport. Once I pick PDCC Sport I will just go in for the Performance package as they give some break.