Help me decide!

LMTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Hi everyone, I've been loving reading your threads about the Taycan but today I'm facing you with a different scenery and I would like your opinion.

I'm 27 and I live in Italy, the country where all nice cars have a ridiculously expensive road tax (a 992 C4S pays around €4k a year). I am a huge Porsche fan and lucky enough to drive some, and today I'm a happy owner of an A45 AMG as my daily (just like a CLA45 with 381hp) but I feel like I want to try something else. There's nothing wrong with my car, I just feel like I would like to see what the EV world is like.

I peeked into the EV world with a Model Y LR, then I had some time in a Taycan 4S and fell in love with it. Problem is my budget is not Taycan friendly just yet, so the natural alternative for a high powerd EV is the M3P, that I have not tested yet. I'm not here to ask for differences between the 2 cars, I'm well aware of all the differences and I consider them 2 completely different vehicles that happen to be both EV and fast.

I know many of you have great experiences with nice handling and fast cars so I think it's a good idea to ask in this forum, more than in a Tesla one. My mindset is leaning more towards a Porsche driver than a regular EV one, I like nice roads, mountain passes, fast canyon rides... you get it!

So if you were in me, would you even consider a M3P as my AMG replacement? I'm worried the Tesla won't handle like the car I'm used to, with firm suspension. The fact that it has around 500hp makes me want one, but many of you might have had some seat time in an AMG, Porsche and Tesla.. so what would you do with my budget?
Sponsored

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
In my opinion, going from a MB AMG to a Tesla is a downgrade (no offense to Tesla enthusiasts). I’d wait and pursue a Porsche EV once the budget allows. After all, an AMG is a true driver’s car, which appears to be what you’re after - just my 2 cents…

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Years ago Porsche had a commercial that showed a 911 driving speedily through some twisty turns in the mountains. The only caption was...........................'Porsche, it is like owning your own personal amusement park'. Enough said! In all seriousness, there is nothing like a Porsche.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Have you considered a used Taycan ?

OP
OP

LMTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Have you considered a used Taycan ?
I have, although with the current market, used cars almost don’t lose any value! This might change in some several months

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Hi there. I’m a fair bit older than you and have been thro a far few cars in my 20s - 40s and I would definately say a 380bhp car that handles well is leagues above a 500bhp car that accelerates quicker but handles like poo. So if you can’t stretch to the Taycan and the only reason to consider the Tesla is more power I would say forget it. Very personal decision tho. Power in a straight line gets very boring quite quickly.
Sponsored