ituner

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Mercedes
Country flag
I rented a Taycan from a Porsche dealer... I got home and cannot find the AC charging cable. I have NEMA-10-50 at home. Is there a special hidden place where this charging cable is located? I looked in the front trunk and trunk -- nothing....

Many thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
It’s in a huge bag inside the trunk with carabiners locked to the 2 metal rings that takes up about 1/3 of the trunk space. You will not miss it if it was there.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In addition to @outie 's advice, did you lift the lid in the trunk floor to check the small 'hidden' storage compartment underneath?

It's about 1 minute and ten seconds into this video: link
Porsche Taycan Help! Where is the Taycan charge cable? 1661395514464

OP
OP

ituner

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Mercedes
Country flag
In addition to @outie 's advice, did you lift the lid in the trunk floor to check the small 'hidden' storage compartment underneath?

It's about 1 minute and ten seconds into this video: link
1661395514464.png
Thank you very much for the help and for Bjørn's video. Yep, that 1/3 truck compartment was empty, and side pockets were empty. Will call the dealer tomorrow. Glad to know the NEMA 10-50 adapter is standard.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm used to NEMA 14-50R (R stands for receptacle, but the illustration below calls it a socket).
I hope the dealer has a NEMA 10-50 pigtail to match your receptacle.

Porsche Taycan Help! Where is the Taycan charge cable? 1661399691848

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you buy a Taycan, the cables it comes with connect to the Porsche EVSEs (one is included, the other an option). Maybe you are aware of this, but if you have an AC receptacle on the wall, you need an EVSE with cables, not just a cable. The EVSE that comes standard with the Taycan is the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus. Usually that EVSE has two supply cables that can be used - one with 14-50 plug and one with standard US wall plug. Porsche EVSE with supply cable for NEMA 10-50 is not standard. You will likely need a PMC+ and an adapter.
Sponsored