atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
That usually works but once or twice I’ve had to come off of the brake pedal ever so briefly to get it to HOLD. Maybe my technique just needs some work. ?
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Started using the brake HOLD function. Really like it.

While HOLD engaged, every once in a while, the Taycan will slip a few inches forward or backwards. A bit disconcerting when this happens. Sounds like the brake discs are just slipping a bit.

Has anyone else had this happen? I wonder if the setting for the caliper pressure holding the disc is just not quite tight enough.
I vaguely remember this happened once. Otherwise the function is fabulous!!! I always use it.

Also, if leaving the car in D and in HOLD for more than 10 min, it will switch into PARK automatically... ;)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Is there a trick to this. Tried it today and couldn't get it into hold. I was pushing down hard but maybe just a quick hard push?
When almost at a standstill, let go of the break pedal, then press again a bit harder.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
HOLD has never slipped for me yet. Engage HOLD by pressing the break pedal all the down, or double-tap the break pedal when at a standstill.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Quick stab on the pedal when fully stopped.
Little Green 'hold' symbol will light on the dash.
Thanks, I got it to work today. Takes a little effort and coordination to get it activated. Had an etron and it was just a matter of holding down the brake and it would activate.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Started using the brake HOLD function. Really like it.

While HOLD engaged, every once in a while, the Taycan will slip a few inches forward or backwards. A bit disconcerting when this happens. Sounds like the brake discs are just slipping a bit.

Has anyone else had this happen? I wonder if the setting for the caliper pressure holding the disc is just not quite tight enough.
Use it everyday- no slip
Sponsored