Home charging

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Might be a silly question but have only had the car for a couple of days so bare with me. I have the Porsche charger installed in the garage and the charger works perfect with the standard cable but I also selected the 25ft (7.5m) option and it is different form the standard in that it does not fit into the charger directly and has a female connection like the car so I tried it (as an extension) to the standard cable but it does not work and the charger does not detect the car and the car says “fault- charging not possible” is it maybe the cable is faulty or have I been supplied the wrong one? Anyone know this or have the same problem. Photo enclosed showing the standard connection to the charger with flat bottom on the right and long cable with round female connector on the left

Porsche Taycan Home charging E074160B-7047-484B-B7B9-5A6D6CED0447
Sponsored

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
Might be a silly question but have only had the car for a couple of days so bare with me. I have the Porsche charger installed in the garage and the charger works perfect with the standard cable but I also selected the 25ft (7.5m) option and it is different form the standard in that it does not fit into the charger directly and has a female connection like the car so I tried it (as an extension) to the standard cable but it does not work and the charger does not detect the car and the car says “fault- charging not possible” is it maybe the cable is faulty or have I been supplied the wrong one? Anyone know this or have the same problem. Photo enclosed showing the standard connection to the charger with flat bottom on the right and long cable with round female connector on the left

E074160B-7047-484B-B7B9-5A6D6CED0447.jpeg
The left one is for direct connection of your car to a charging station at the street, nornmally not equipped with a charging cable itself but only with a socket. The right one exists in a 7.5m variant, which directly replaces the shorter one. It is not an extension cable but a replacement.

Hope that helps

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
That’s a tupe 2 cable for public charging. The longer cable I had to buy from Porsche for £475 Porsche uk pounds! Absolute rip off.

OP
OP

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s a tupe 2 cable for public charging. The longer cable I had to buy from Porsche for £475 Porsche uk pounds! Absolute rip off.
Dealer told me it was a 0 cost option for a longer cable!!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
In the UK we had to pay for it. Or at least I did. I’ve complained to Porsche Uk, waiting on hearing from them. Been about a week already. I would have expected some reply, even a holding statement from them by now.

OP
OP

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the UK we had to pay for it. Or at least I did. I’ve complained to Porsche Uk, waiting on hearing from them. Been about a week already. I would have expected some reply, even a holding statement from them by now.
Will ask my dealer tomorrow as this was supposed to be a free option

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Will ask my dealer tomorrow as this was supposed to be a free option
In the US it is also a no cost option. If you need to reach your car from the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect, you can replace the current shorter cable with the 7.5 meter cable. The connector plugs into the bottom of the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. You will need to remove the torx screw on the back of the PMCC. The instructions are in the PMCC owners manual. There is a good video on YouTube if you search Porsche Mobile Charger Connect and select the video from Porsche Centre Chester.

OP
OP

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke with the dealer and they told me they would swap my short one for the longer version. They did not admit it but i think they have mixed up my accessories with another customer as i also got a PCMM charging dock which was not expected or needed as i had already bought it seperately and installed before delivery of the car. (Will sell it back to them :rock:)
Sponsored